Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Shank prakshalana cleanse after a long juice fast
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  1:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear All,

A friend is about to complete a 10 day juice fast involving daily enemas. She is considering doing shank prakshalana on the last day but was concerned whether it may be too much. Since I have not done juice fast of this length with enemas I can't advise. Is there anyone who has experience with this. Thx, Lili

anillsinha

India
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  01:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We should be gentle on the body. Ten days' juice fast with daily enemas is in itself very much. Adding shankh prakshalan on the last day may be being too harsh to the body. We should avoid the heroics and aim for getting the benefit. I have experience with shankh prakshalana (4 cycles in a row). It is said to remove the protective layer from the inner walls of the intestines and so precaution is required to have adequate rest and proper meal thereafter. It can be done once in three months with proper care. But at the end of 10 day fast, it is not advisable.

However my response might have come late. In case your friend has already taken the adventure, let us have her experience.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000