Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Sahaja Yoga for Kundalini Awakening?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gamefu

India
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  03:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I want to awaken my Kundalini but I can't find any direction.
I saw a yoga centre few days back and went there today.They use Sahaja Yoga for Kundalini awakening.They have kept a photo of Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, they sit with open palms and do bhajans in praise of God.I was asked to just sit with open palms and a photo of Mataji Nirmala Devi in front of me and desire to awaken my Kundalini and I will feel my problems and will get the answers from within myself and all that stuff.They say that her energy is so high that we begin to feel it,we feel some coldness on our palms etc.
I talked to a guy there who was doing this Sahaja Yoga for 16 years.He had tried all types of yogas,breath of fire,pranayama etc. but he felt awakening only with this yoga.
Do you think this will work? I feel this irrational or superstitious or something is not correct. (I am not an English speaker so using these for lack of appropriate words).He asked me to try this for a week.
I feel I would be doing nothing just sitting with a photo in front of me and desire to awaken myself?
Does anybody of you do Sahaja Yoga?

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 30 2011 05:29:03 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  05:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  11:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some years ago, I went to such a Sahaja Yoga meeting too. It was free and the claims were high, why not.

The guy who presented the stuff had some good insights and was talking out of his experiences. There is a specific kind of meditation that is done in Sahaja Yoga, where you work with the chakras. I learned it that day and practiced it for 1-2 weeks. Effects were there, but I did not continue as I was not sure enough if this is the most effective and efficient way. (Those years I was comparing methods)

Within the meeting, there was a part were more advanced people gave something like shaktipat to the newcomings. A man worked with his attention and energy-feeling in his fingers on my spine and tried to bring up some energy. After some minutes I could feel some pranic energy moving up very precisely, but it is really nothing.

He said that one string out of xyz strings would be enlightened now. Interesting theory I thought. It seems like people are living in a mixture of believe and effects. The sytem is more bhakti based. The aim is to awaken kundalini more and more through that special kind of chakra meditation.

It may work well for specific kind of people, but for me the scientific approach of kriya yoga and ayp was much more appealing. So ater years of testing and experimenting I landed here... =P
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  12:12:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gamefu,
I have two fellow disciples who were members of a Sahaja group for several years.They gave it up to follow the path of Kundalini Maha Yoga under my sadguru.He gives shaktipat which instantly awakens Kundalini safely.His ashram is based in Hansol, Ahmedabad.Look at http://sites.google.com/site/dhyanyogiomdasji/ for further details.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  10:59:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don`t really know anything about the system other than that it uses, in part at least, a downward flow of cooling energy. I find that interesting, especially in and Indian system.

But I do know something about the organization after doing research on it online. The woman that leads the organization sees herself as a god. She also, once you get deeper into the organization starts to control your life, for example by deciding who you should marry.

Here is from one critical webpage:

Shri Mataji Srivastava claims to be divine

Her followers believe she is an avatar -- a divine incarnation. Specifically, Mrs. Srivastava claims to be, among many divine entities:
In Christian terms

* An incarnation of the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit
* A reincarnation of the Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ
* The Counselor, Comforter or Advocate of the Bible's John 15-16 (depending on translation)

http://www.sahajacult.com/

Here is another site with links to various sties with critical information:

http://www.cultv.com/cultlinks.htm
Go to Top of Page

drkrishna

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  6:41:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear friends, This is Dr.Krishna.
I was very skeptical about sahajayoga initially and I saw all those things in websites.
It took me few weeks to get the initial glimpse of kundalini and almost an year to feel the cool breeze or param chaitanya.
But now after few years of practice now I am a better person physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
And more important thing is I can feel Kundalini raising in my spine everyday,I can feel which chakras r weak/strong in my body.I am very happy but not proud about this becauseI met many sahajayogis who r more advanced than me.It is so natural and clear process,but it needs some patience and initial cleaning of our chakras.

I am not advertising for Sahajayoga, as a doctor I have a good life and I dont need to bother about any one,I dont have any benifit if some one tries sahajayoga or not.But as a human being I feel I have the responsibility to tell the truth.

Thanks
Dr.Krishna,New Jersey,USA
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  01:45:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I tried it. Nothing happened.
Go to Top of Page

drkrishna

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2012 :  12:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well I am happy that at least U tried,but U didnt specify how long u tried. As we know we r in Kali yuga the times where negativity is very strong.Especially when you are in a country like USA,where we have horrible culture and no respect for Dhrama. Nothing happened?That means we should try harder.WE dont get perfect body shape on the first day we go to gym it takes time and effort.Its all for our own use, we shd have enough patience.
I am sure if one tries to practice sahaja yoga sincerely for atleast 21 days with the necessary methods for cleansing of chakras , one should feel atleast a glimpse of kundalini in his/her spine.I repeat sincerely....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000