AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 In praise of "whole body mudra"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  07:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Do you know the sound of the silence when a crying baby finds mother's breast? Ahh, that is the sound of "Whole Body Mudra" -- my neurobiology has come home at last to cosmic mama.

Yogani writes: "When the eyes move devotionally, all the mudras will subtly move by automatic reflex. Ahhh... That is why we nudge all of these mudras along in practices until ecstatic conductivity comes up, building the habits, setting up for further evolution in the nervous system. Then, with ecstatic conductivity, there is only one mudra -- the whole body mudra, made up of all the parts. Sambhavi is the leader of it. That's why we see pictures of the sages with their eyes raised. They are in whole body ecstatic bliss just from that, with divine energy radiating out in all directions."
http://www.aypsite.org/212.html

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  10:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Best overloading symptoms stimulator ever, when used excessively of course.

Cheers bro(f)
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  2:56:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Best overloading symptoms stimulator ever, when used excessively of course.

Ananda

Regarding "overload," Yogani wrote: "The good news is that overloading is purification -- creative energy producing friction in our not yet fully purified nervous system."

http://books.google.com/books?id=Df...site&f=false

Yogani's words make sense of me. I do not think I have ever complained of "overload," and I doubt I ever will. The "whole body mudra" experience is an occasion to refine my use of the AYP practices.

Ok, time for my afternoon sit.

Best regards,

Be

Edited by - bewell on Jan 16 2011 3:07:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  6:20:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wish I had titled this thread, "in gratitude for 'whole body mudra.'"
My "praise" is better directed toward the sources -- grace, and AYP practices.

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  8:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Whole body mudra" is an "automatic reflex," not a structured practice. I made no attempt to force it to happen. Structured practices pave the way in the neurobiology, but as I understand it, and experience it, once "whole body mudra" becomes part of daily living, there is no need to interfere with it.
http://books.google.com/books?id=Df...2%20&f=false

I've experienced "whole body mudra" more or less consciously for several years, and I have always been very grateful for the gift, but in the past few weeks it seems to have become stable in a noticeable way. The language of "stillness in action" is making sense in an experiential neurobiological way for the first time. There is a remarkable reduction of anxiety in daily life.

I think some of this ease is facilitated by age --I am 49 -- and years of yoga practice -- about 15.

Edited by - bewell on Jan 16 2011 8:23:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  02:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reminder
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  5:20:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In Secrets of Wilder, "whole body mudra" is called "i am's embrace:"

"'I didn't know what to call it when the spirit comes up and everything is lifting and squeezing quietly all by itself inside. And my eyes go up and I feel all hugged by God. i am's embrace. Oh yeah...'" (Secrets p. 210)

I felt some of it intuitively when I read first read Secrets about five years ago, but at this time I see how i am's embrace works when "everything works together for good" -- the ease practices, the non-anxious quality of attention between practices, and the intuitive flow of daily interactions.

Edited by - bewell on Jan 17 2011 5:26:29 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000