AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Waking up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2006 :  11:01:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Very occasionally over the past several years when doing some regular or usual activity, I have had the occasional moment of having the most intense desire to just wake up or open my eyes more somehow and I feel like reality is a dream. I get this feeling if I could just wake up and see past this somehow. This was long before reading any books on yoga etc. but recently I have had this feeling again, I feel like I should be able to just break through like maybe I am in a coma in a hospital somewhere and I need to just wake up! So far I haven’t been able to.

Anyone ever get this and maybe more importantly succeed in doing it???

Anthem

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  09:39:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel something similar Anthem... like I don't belong there.. It is a very intense feeling. But I have not been able to get out either.. not yet. But what does help is to get out of there and take a walk or just go outside and get some fresh air, sort of get the feeling out of me before I explode. Maybe somebody else could help you.

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 16 2006 09:43:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  4:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anthem,

I'm more likely to be conscious/thinking/awake when really dreaming during sleep than what you described above.

But once, not long ago something unusual happened that your post made me remember. There is this one stretch of road that I drive to get to my lodge and twice I've experienced something strange on that stretch.

The first time, I was gazing ahead, scanning as one does while driving, and I saw what appeared to be a soft grid, connecting everything in the physical world. It was like an energy grid running through everything, with its lines going in and out of buildings and all that I saw. It was like dreaming, but I definitely wasn't asleep. It felt like briefly waking to reality.

The second experience was quite brief and not pleasant as was the first. I was driving home from the lodge. I was driving in silence--no radio or music because I'd finished a mediation and felt the need for absolute silence. I was just in this peaceful profoundly silent place as I drove. Quite suddenly, "I" felt a momentary shock of undescribable absolute horror at being in this physical body. It was as if whoever "I" was suddenly woke briefly and they did not expect to be limited to and encapsulated in this physical form. Though obviously, since I was driving, I was awake... In a moment the flash of absolute horror and surprise was gone and "I", this normal waking consciousness returned. Strange episode indeed.

Haven't told anyone this before...didn't want to get carted off in a white jacket! :)

blessings,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000