Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Om Namah Shivaya Live, Donna Delory - NEW
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2011 :  10:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Video of NEW Live version of Om Namah Shivaya by Donna Delory, from Bhaktifest 2010.

This new video showcases, among other things, that of any two people that Madonna could have, presumably, as her primary back-up singer-dancers ... there's a reason that Donna is one of them.

.... just as the depth of Dona's bhakti shows why she is one of the leading artists in the rapidly growing American Kirtan scene.

As an example of what I mean .... here's another powerful live version of what is probably Donna's best-known kirtan song .... He' Ma Durga.

If you've never heard her before ... the English portion of her lyrics does a very nice of conveying what it's all about; as does the Sanskrit.

And per her connection with Madonna, is there any chance she might be influential in bringing yogic music to a wider audience?

Oh, she already has been - big time.

Enjoy!

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

PS- I find it rather inspirational that Donna obviously has the choice of pretty much doing, saying and singing anything (or nothing), in her spare time ... and what she does .... is THIS.

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jan 01 2011 10:22:04 PM

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  1:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for sharing. I am not really familiar with her, but it seems like awhile back something was posted here before.

I am doing my own musical studies today and finding out on a small note other musical people that have been influenced by "india"

RICHTIGE DAUERN

Play a sound
Play it for so long
until you feel
that you should stop

Again play a sound
Play it for so long
until you feel
that you should stop

and so on

Stop
when you feel
that you should stop

But whether you play or stop:
keep listening to the others

At best play
when people are listening

Do not rehearse

this is a poem advice from Karlehinz shockhausen and he was highly influenced by sri aurobino(hope I got that correct)...
he was a musician/pianist...

I cannot say that I find his music easy to listen to or enjoy...however he looks like a music genius to me.

Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  01:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone been to the Bhakti Fest? It looks like a lot of fun and a great way to connect with like minded spiritual seekers.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2011 :  04:00:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love this He Ma Durga track by her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzPKVFYwcVs

Gotta love the variety in her dancing too.

If I wasn't already.. I'd say I'm in love

Is that saying love too much or what

Thanks Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  10:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Never been to a Bhaktifest like the ones posted above, but lots of other musical gatherings.
I prefer smaller venues.

Donna here is fantastic.
I am also glad the american kirtan scene is growing.

Happy to find links from Kirtanman-so thanks,
along with others that post music here too.

Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  10:40:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3zUYK4YU8M

snatam kaur...mul mantra song

I know I have posted this before, and I hope Kirtanman doesn't care that I am posting on his original Om Namah/Donna offering.

No one would need to like or love snatam kaur..because I love the sound so much enough for everyone.
I would have to say this is a fav.
Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  12:48:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah cool! love the not so subliminal Madonna vids.

"We come from the light" I hear ya/feel ya/ love ya
nice research Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  7:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sagebrush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3zUYK4YU8M

snatam kaur...mul mantra song

I know I have posted this before, and I hope Kirtanman doesn't care that I am posting on his original Om Namah/Donna offering.

No one would need to like or love snatam kaur..because I love the sound so much enough for everyone.
I would have to say this is a fav.

This is *Awesome* - Thanks, Sagebrush!!

I haven't heard it before; listening now; REALLY like it!!

Good stuff!!

And no worries on adding it to this thread .... I'm always putting not-exactly-directly-related songs I like, into related song or music threads.

At times, probably even non-song or non-music threads.

It's ALL Good ..... and Good Music is some of the Very Best of the ALL Good!!

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  7:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jamuna

yeah cool! love the not so subliminal Madonna vids.

Madonna has some strong points.

And Not-Subtlety is definitely one of them!

I love this song (Madonna's "coming out as a Kabbalist" song) - Sky Fits Heaven.

quote:

"We come from the light" I hear ya/feel ya/ love ya
nice research Kirtanman

Hey - I hear ya/feel ya/love ya, too, Jamuna!

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000