Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Jewish Kirtan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2011 :  9:14:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Yes ...... Jewish Kirtan.

Judaism has always been quite pragmatic.

Inspirationally so.

First, meet the Kirtan Rabbi (this video gives a great overview of the power of kirtan in any language. )

.... and then, if you like, enjoy some authentic Kabbalah Kirtan Echad B'Echad - One Into One.

Why, or how, would Judaism be so inspired by devotional chanting? For one, as far back as the Torah, there is documentation that music and the right combination of Divine Names are a powerful tool for realizing greatly expanded consciousness.

Also, Divine Names are an inherent part of the sacred language of Hebrew, just as they are in the sacred language of Sanskrit.

Deities like YHVH and ALHM (Elohim) have the names they do, because of the power of those sounds as keys to expanded consciousness .... in much the identical way that deities such as Shiva and Kali have their names for the identical reasons.

The ancients knew a LOT more about sound, language, physiology and the power of group consciousness and devotion than many of us have given them credit for ... until roughly now, that is.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that the influence from Jewish devotional music in current popular culture, in North America, at least, is as far-reaching as devotional music from India.

Actually, that's not quite true.

Indian devotional music has a little catching up to do, I'd say.

(The preceding link, if you couldn't quite catch my reason for posting it, features a song connected to a rather well-known 2010 event -- this song, by this Jewish artist).

I don't think anyone minds, though.

ONE means ONE.

In every language, and beyond.

And Hey - I just remembered .........

....... today ...... it's 1.1.11

........ and so are we.

ShalAUM,

Kirtanman

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000