AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 mantra listening and evolution
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  08:29:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everybody,

After 9 months of DM, few months back, I noticed I'm not saying the mantra anymore but mantra is repeated automatically. Since the repetition is automatic, I will be putting my attention on the sound of the mantra right? So it is like listening to it? Then does it mean, going into passive mode that Yogani warns about?
Second thing is, If listening is alright then how careful should this listening be? Is it shallow or deep, like hearing all of it? The effect of these two approach are different in me. Listening it in an easy/shallow way makes my mind wander more, gets me into sleep more. I feel sleepy after my sessions. But listening carefully, deeply, makes me energetic, i get various sensations around my body, mostly around third eye and perineum, sleep doesn't come, even it does sometimes, I'm able to see it coming so i go back to mantra. I feel energetic and clear headed after the sessions.
I know AYP approach is not forcing, keeping it natural as it comes and what natural for me is currently listening to mantra in easy/shallow way. I was thinking maybe it should be the other way around. Doing it carefully not like a robot. Do it like you are doing it for the first time. As i said the after effect is good after doing this way:) Also during the day, I feel focused. Not lost in thoughts.

I also would like to hear from you advanced DMers how the mantra experience was evolving for you? Did it ever especially evolve from sleepy/shallow attention to this energetic kind naturally?

Last thing I want to say ,despite my questions, is my past year with DM practice was wonderful. I had many improvements in me noticeable by me and by others. So I know DM works anyway:)

Thank you in advance

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  09:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This question was asked earlier on the forums and if I remember correctly, the suggestion from Yogani was to actively repeat the mantra and not listen to it.

I dont think listening would get you the best results and it is not the AYP procedure. The mantra does get subtler and more refined though but you gottu repeat it.

- Near
Go to Top of Page

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  09:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Near,

Thank you for your reply. I checked all of old posts. Different suggestions were given on the issue that is why I also asked how the experience with mantra was evolving for advanced users. There are times "I" can still repeat the mantra. But most of the time, "try" to repeat it gives me headache because the intoning happens by itself. So then how come can i do it?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  09:05:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kaserdar

Hello everybody,

After 9 months of DM, few months back, I noticed I'm not saying the mantra anymore but mantra is repeated automatically. Since the repetition is automatic, I will be putting my attention on the sound of the mantra right? So it is like listening to it? Then does it mean, going into passive mode that Yogani warns about?

Right. You can label it as listening... or speaking. The mantra is getting refined and as long as you know there is a mantra, stay with it.

quote:

Second thing is, If listening is alright then how careful should this listening be? Is it shallow or deep, like hearing all of it? The effect of these two approach are different in me. Listening it in an easy/shallow way makes my mind wander more, gets me into sleep more. I feel sleepy after my sessions. But listening carefully, deeply, makes me energetic, i get various sensations around my body, mostly around third eye and perineum, sleep doesn't come, even it does sometimes, I'm able to see it coming so i go back to mantra. I feel energetic and clear headed after the sessions.

Go with whatever happens naturally. Deeply and shallowly are mind evaluations. So any time you realize you are listening deeply or shallowly, come back to the mantra. Anytime you think you are listening to the mantra come back to "i am". Drop any thought that is an evaluation of the way the mantra is being repeated. You may be completely lost in bliss, but the min you realize "I am lost in bliss', come back to the mantra. That is the procedure. So....
"Listening it in an easy/shallow way makes my mind wander more"... evaluation.. come back to the mantra
"But listening carefully, deeply, makes me energetic, i get various sensations around my body, mostly around third eye and perineum, sleep doesn't come, even it does sometimes, I'm able to see it coming so i go back to mantra. I feel energetic and clear headed after the sessions."... all involves thinking/evaluating... come back to the mantra.. the way it comes up... in mind, intoned, listening... any way it come up naturally... without thinking if you pick the mantra, the way it comes up, is the natural way for you.

Trying to have the mantra go slowly or deeply is control. You want to give up control and let the mantra do what it needs to do for that session. Some days it will be energetic, some day shallow, some day surface, some day deep, some day mindy, some day blissful... that is how it should be... because that is the kind of purification you need for that day.

If you feel sleepy after meditation then in the rest period (I hope you have a rest period after meditation, that is the phase where you will integrate what happens in meditation into your life) take a short nap.

quote:

I also would like to hear from you advanced DMers how the mantra experience was evolving for you? Did it ever especially evolve from sleepy/shallow attention to this energetic kind naturally?

Last thing I want to say ,despite my questions, is my past year with DM practice was wonderful. I had many improvements in me noticeable by me and by others. So I know DM works anyway:)

Thank you in advance

The meditation will take a different form at different times. At times purification needs to happen at deeper levels, levels that cannot be reached in the conscious state.... those days the "i am' will be sleepy... go with it... that is what is required that day... take a longer rest if required that day... then there will be a phase of energetic meditation, then go with that... let the mantra lead you, not you lead the mantra.

Hope this helps.

quote:

Lovely!!!
Yes it definitely works!!! Just let go the control and it will work even better!!!.
Go to Top of Page

schtroumpsolis

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  4:24:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit schtroumpsolis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For me mantra have always been an electric experience.a feeling of radiance , and ,or light and sound around me just about activating on their own. the experience of mantra gradually change to what i call the
"all sounds mantra" experience. that being said.i'm still learning how to live with that, i learn as i go along with the experiences.pacing, common senses are still the best adviser!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000