Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 AYP Easy Lessons Volume 2 is Available
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  10:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

The AYP Easy Lessons Volume 2 book showed up on Amazon USA today. In the coming days and weeks the ebook and paperback links will be activated for the many channels listed on the books page.

For status, you can check the links here: http://www.aypsite.org/books.html#ayp2

Volume 2 expands dramatically on the first AYP Easy Lessons volume, with numerous refinements in the application of core practices, and many new practices related to middle and end stage development on the path to enlightenment. As always, the AYP lessons reflect the needs of the ever-advancing community of practitioners, continuing to be an experience-based open resource.

I hope to have direct downloads from the AYP website for Volume 2 available tomorrow (bundled PDF, EPUB & MOBI), and the Amazon Kindle store listing and other channels will not be far behind.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

PS: You may have noticed that Google also opened their
mammoth ebookstore
today (the AYP ebooks are there). When it rains it pours.

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  10:21:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great news Yogani!

Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  9:57:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,

Once again thank you for this and for everything, going to download volume 2 tomorrow and order the hard copy as well...I'm old school like that

Much Love
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  2:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani

I like that the lessons are called "easy."

Reminds me of a wise teacher who once said, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

The wise teacher is in you.

Edited by - bewell on Dec 08 2010 2:37:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  3:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks All.

For an update ... since the first post above, the new AYP Vol 2 eBook has been added to the AYP website direct downloads (includes PDF, EPUB & MOBI formats in the zip file). The eBook has also been added to the applicable discounted bundled offers (some have been waiting for this).

The eBook is now on Amazon Kindle for both USA and UK. It will be several weeks before Barnes&Noble Nook, Apple iBooks and Kobo are set up. Not sure when it will show up in the new Google eBookstore. Maybe soon.

On the paperback side, in addition to Amazon USA, Barnes&Noble is listing the book now. Still waiting for Amazon's international sites to list it. It will take a few weeks to get the cover images, descriptions, "search inside," etc. set up on all the various sites.

Links for the major channels can be found here: http://www.aypsite.org/books.html#ayp2

Book Reviews Requested: One of the best ways to share the AYP writings with others is in the form of book reviews, especially on Amazon. Having just arrived, AYP Vol 2 has no reviews so far. Anyone with an Amazon account can do a book review there. For those who do not have the book yet, it covers the online lessons from Main #236 and Tantra #T36 onward, with 15-20% new material added. If you are familiar with the lessons that have been posted since 2005, you are basically familiar with Volume 2, and can offer your comments in a review. A lot of new stuff since the first AYP Easy Lessons volume came out 6 years ago. We have come a long way, both as practitioners and in the documentation.

As it says in the Volume 2 introduction: "We owe our heartfelt thanks to the many yoga practitioners around the world who have stepped forward and contributed to the development of these lessons through their sincere sharing of experiences and questions. Without them, this second volume of the AYP lessons would not have happened."

Thank you All. The journey continues!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  4:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great Yogani
I am very grateful for all your outpouring.

Ordered my first Kindle today - so hopefully when I get home to Oslo end December it will be there waiting :)

That way - with all my travels, some lightness of air will substitute the weight of the matter
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  8:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The bundle again is very nice! Thanks =)

Do you plan to make direct topic links into the second volume too? It is not too hard to type in the site number and scrolld own a little bit more, but the comfort with it was great.

Another hint would be, but all this is up to your ebook-programmer :) to have a hyperlink on the actual subject page back to the main listing. This would increase the overall usage of the pdf-files even more. The other file-types were not tested.

The content is great anyway, thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  9:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

That's great Yogani
I am very grateful for all your outpouring.

Ordered my first Kindle today - so hopefully when I get home to Oslo end December it will be there waiting :)

That way - with all my travels, some lightness of air will substitute the weight of the matter

Hi Katrine:

I assume you mean the Kindle e-reader gadget will be waiting for you in Oslo. The Amazon ebooks themselves can be read on any computer or mobile device with free downloaded Kindle software. So if you got the AYP Vol 2 Kindle ebook, you will not have to wait to read it wherever you happen to be. And, of course, you can read it on the Kindle e-reader gadget too.

Many thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  9:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good news indeed,

I was wondering, will some sort of discount be available for purchasing hard copies of both volume 1 and 2 together? I'm sure those of us who haven't yet purchased the first volume would find that very appealing. :)

Edited by - Clear White Light on Dec 08 2010 10:21:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  9:40:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holy

The bundle again is very nice! Thanks =)

Do you plan to make direct topic links into the second volume too? It is not too hard to type in the site number and scrolld own a little bit more, but the comfort with it was great.

Another hint would be, but all this is up to your ebook-programmer :) to have a hyperlink on the actual subject page back to the main listing. This would increase the overall usage of the pdf-files even more. The other file-types were not tested.

The content is great anyway, thanks again!

Hi Holly:

The PDF and EPUB editions both have a side bar link-driven table of contents (TOC) that can be kept open while reading (in Adobe Reader and Adobe Digital Editions, and some other ereaders). The MOBI/Kindle format from AYP can also support a sidebar link-driven TOC, but most Kindle readers (all?) do not have the ability to show it in the same window with the book text (it has to be called up from the menu). The advantage of a sidebar link-driven TOC is that one can jump anywhere in the book with one click, so following references in the text is easy.

Embedding links in the book text is another way to provide navigation, but it is very labor intensive to include that feature for the many hundreds of lesson references in the big AYP textbooks. Still, we do have it in the AYP Vol 1 EPUB and MOBI editions (not PDF), and will eventually have it in the Vol 2 EPUB and MOBI editions.

It should also be mentioned that quite a few lesson references in Vol 2 are going to Vol 1, because the two books constitute a continuous series of lessons with many interconnections. It goes without saying that AYP Vol 2 does not stand alone. And now that Vol 2 is out, neither does Vol 1, for intermediate and advanced practitioners especially.

Not sure if that covers all of what you are asking, but that is the basic navigation scheme we have in the AYP Easy Lessons ebooks.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  10:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Clear White Light

Good news indeed,

I was wondering, will some sort of discount be available for purchasing hard copies of both volume 1 and 2 together? I'm sure those of us who haven't yet purchased the first edition would find that very appealing. :)

Hi CWL:

The only "direct sales" of paperbacks done from here are through the quantity discount program at 55% off list prices, plus shipping direct from the printer. Due to shipping costs, the savings come with buying roughly 5 or more books. It is preferred to use the quantity discount program for larger orders to support teaching, retreats, etc, because it is time-consuming to process and administer the orders. It has never been the intention to get into retail sales here.

Amazon will be discounting the Vol 2 paperback once the book settles into their system. Volume 1, which also lists at $39.95, goes for under $30 with free shipping, and Volume 2 should end up about the same once it is established. Amazon sometimes offers a further price break with their "frequently bought together" program, which shows up on many of their book pages. These two volumes are likely to end up in that, but a further discount may or may not be there. Unfathomable are the calculations of Amazon.

By far the least expensive way to get the AYP books is in ebook form as bundled direct downloads through the AYP website. You can get AYP Vols 1&2 for $15, with a free Secrets of Wilder novel thrown in. But not everyone wants ebooks. In the case of the two big AYP Easy Lessons volumes, there will be an advantage to have them both available physically. Easier to jump back and forth that way. The ebooks have other advantages -- portability, and especially the ability to do searches, which comes in handy when working with over 1000 pages of instructional material.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  10:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Having just arrived, AYP Vol 2 has no reviews so far.

I think it does now
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  10:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Having just arrived, AYP Vol 2 has no reviews so far.

I think it does now

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  10:23:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: I missed responding to a question about AYP on eBay. As far as I know, all listings on eBay must be re-listed every few weeks, and that is not viable to do here. The AYP paperbacks have shown up on eBay from time to time through third party sellers. (here's what's there at the moment).

The AYP ebooks are not currently available through third party sellers, but that is changing with the Google ebookstore roll-out, which can be mirrored by any third party seller. So maybe someone will put the ebooks on eBay.

The AYP audiobooks (MP3 and CD) have always been available to third party sellers through CD Baby. Don't know if any of those have ever been on eBay, but it is possible.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  12:39:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PPS: There is a press release available on the new book, here: http://www.aypsite.org/pressrelease15.html
Anyone with media contacts, feel free to pass it on.

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000