Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Body rash after purification?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nyuchi

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  12:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello
I had a healing/purification with a great Indian saint a few days ago. It was a very powerful experience and since then I have developed a rash in different parts of my body starting in the inside of my arms, then the sides of my neck, my buttocks, behind my knees... now its coming on my face and one eye is swollen. I have never had a reaction like to to anything else, and i feel its related to this experience with this guru.

Is there anyone out there who knows about this? Can having a healing from a powerful figure be followed by symptoms like this? I have read that with different types of yoga one can experience rashes as a result of purification, so I imagine this is similar... the rash kind of resembles that of poison oak.

I would appreciate any insights you might have. I was told that coconut oil is a good remedy to help calm my skin.

If it continues to get worse, I think I may need to see a doctor, but am trying to avoid that as I do not want to take any chemical medicines.

thank you for any advice. namaste

Edited by - AYPforum on Nov 28 2010 12:56:50 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  12:56:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  7:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nyuchi

I had a healing/purification with a great Indian saint a few days ago. ....since then I have developed a rash...the rash kind of resembles that of poison oak.

Hi nyuchi,

That sounds miserable.

Are you able to discuss it with others who received the same "purification"? Maybe you are not alone. Or at least discuss it with others who where at the place where the "purification" was given or shared the same food? Maybe it was caused by something physical in the environment. Or could you discuss it with the person who gave the "purification." If it has anything to do with the "purification" it would seem s/he might know how to deal with it.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  8:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also it could be a spiritual thing.
Click on search above, and search for "kundalini rash".
You will find it has been discussed a lot, and can be a symptom of excess energy.
Read about "self pacing", an important AYP principle to prevent and help with such things.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  04:35:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I also suffered a body rash recently. Sounds very similar, neck, face, trunk, back of knees and elbows.

I'm not sure how you can differentiate between Kundalini rash and Eczma. Mine was certainly very similar to Eczma and I do suffer from small rashes from time to time, except this was far more prolific.

I cut back on practises and self paced. Between that and coatings of Betnovate and emollients it's just about under control.

Not very pleasant and extremely itchy. I would go and see your Doctor, a two pronged approach would be best.
Go to Top of Page

nyuchi

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  12:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all,
thank you for your kind responses. I did write to the center where I met this saint and they were unable to tell me if this is something which can result after a meeting with her. I can understand this too because they might be worried about a liability. I am unable to contact the saint herself, she is on tour and sees thousands of people a day. I guess I should clarify that it wasn't like a ritual of "purification" exactly, but when I was in her presence I was asking for healing and purification in that moment. And in that moment I experienced extreme emotions and afterwards I was rather blissed-out.

I have spoken to some other people who also have visited this saint from time to time and no one else has reported having this same effect. However there is one who I spoke with who is versed in Ayurvedic medicine, and he said that its possible that there is a connection. If its a case of kundalini excess, it means that my physical body is simply reacting to an extreme transfer of energy from this saint? I cannot say the kundalini excess was from my own doing, I am not really advanced in AYP, but am a spiritual person who has been doing yoga on and off for many years -- I travel a lot with my job, and have often been too ungrounded to develop a real practice.

Etherfish, I am curious what do you mean "a spiritual thing"? I have had quite a few experiences with entities and spirits, over the past year its been happening more and more. I have been told that I have an innate ability to channel, though its something which I have not mastered, and cannot yet control. I am curious if you might have more insight into this.

In the end, I ended up going to the doctor yesterday because the swelling in my eye was getting too intense. He confirmed what I have is surely not poison oak. He is suspecting an allergic reaction to something I ate. Funny because I have never been allergic to anything in my life, and what I ate prior to my rash were basic things that I eat all the time... however I now understand that allergys can develop later in life.

So all this remains mysterious. Something in me is still saying that my condition is a result of this meeting with the saint. I will need to meditate more on this. My posting on this subject was just to see if others have also had an experience similar to mine. I am still open to hearing others experiences or advice on this...

I will report later if I have any more discoveries.

thanks again. peace & love
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  1:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I spoke with who is versed in Ayurvedic medicine, and he said that its possible that there is a connection. If its a case of kundalini excess, it means that my physical body is simply reacting to an extreme transfer of energy from this saint? I cannot say the kundalini excess was from my own doing, I am not really advanced in AYP, but am a spiritual person who has been doing yoga on and off for many years -- I travel a lot with my job, and have often been too ungrounded to develop a real practice.

I am inclined to agree with your sense that the rash was a result of "kundalini excess." By contrast to the kind of one-time encounter you have experienced, here at AYP we have a slow and steady approach in relation to kundalini energy: twice daily practice of deep meditation to cultivate inner silence is at the core of our practice.

Sounds like you are very sensitive to spiritual energy. That is wonderful. You also say you are too "ungrounded to develop a real practice." I encourage you to take a second look at that belief. In my experience -- which includes some great times traveling, and some pretty airy spiritual experiences -- a daily practice of Deep Meditation was an invaluable help in finding grounding.

Thoughts for your consideration. Peace and love to you fellow traveler!

Edited by - bewell on Nov 29 2010 1:11:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  7:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, twice daily meditation can be done just as easily on the road, and it is very important.
By "a spiritual thing" i meant kundalini overload, not spirits.
You may not be able to pin down the exact cause, because it was both you and the saint involved.
but if you have ruled out physical causes, you should self pace and see if it helps.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  7:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell
...a daily practice of Deep Meditation was an invaluable help in finding grounding.

On reflection, study and discussion, I want to change what I said above in the quotation to this:

"A daily practice of Deep Meditation was in invaluable help in finding the inner silence needed to stay steady in the face of Kundalini energy activity."

Grounding is different. It is another way of dealing with excess kundalini energy. It is getting close to the earth, doing ordinary physical exercises, eating heavy foods and such.

I'm working on my language.

Edited by - bewell on Nov 29 2010 7:27:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  9:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nyuchi,

I remembered this thread on the topic of rashes and thought it might be of some help to you. Hope your symptoms subside soon!!

www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....rchTerms=rash

Much Love
Go to Top of Page

nyuchi

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  10:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you again for all your input. Its true I think I am a sensitive being, or very "open" as some might say...

Yes, traveling is not a good excuse for not meditating, but I was living a high stress/ hi-energy life and I simply didn't take the time to really develop the practice. I barely had time to sleep. My life has since changed dramatically, and now I am trying to focus on a regular meditation practice. I have a deep desire to be on this path, and I think it will also help me navigate the world of spirits, or at least ground my own spirit so that I am less vulnerable, which has been an issue for me recently. I must say that meeting this saint recently has given me a major boost towards meditation, or at least it seems to come easier. Meditating in her presence was a real gift. Its true the guru is in all of us, but powerful teachers are also helpful and very inspiring.

Thanks for the clarification bewell on grounding and staying steady... i understand what you are saying. :)

peace love and light to you all

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  10:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you are on a good path now.
In case you ever have a high stress life again with barely time to sleep:
meditation is excellent for this kind of life!
It gets rid of the stress, and relaxes you more than sleep.
So if you steal a half hour of your sleep time for meditation, you will benefit by getting more rest than
the sleep would give you!
Hard to believe, but I have found that to be true. During times when I am losing sleep. meditation makes me much more refreshed than sleep.

If you think about what your body really needs during sleep, you get it during meditation: it needs physical rest, mental rest, release of stress, escape from the working world, mental "letting go" so your mind is free to dream which releases stress in ways we can't even comprehend. All this happens during meditation. We don't actually dream, but our mind constantly wandering away from the mantra is the same thing.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  04:05:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey neuchi, who was the Saint you met? If you don't mind..
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  6:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
...My life has since changed dramatically, and now I am trying to focus on a regular meditation practice. I have a deep desire to be on this path...

Wonderful! By "this path," what specifically are you referring to?
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  6:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nyuchi,

I remembered this thread on the topic of rashes and thought it might be of some help to you. Hope your symptoms subside soon!!

www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....rchTerms=rash

Much Love
Go to Top of Page

nyuchi

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  7:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Etherfish thank you for this lesson and reminder. :)

For Chiron, the saint was Mata Amritanandamayi Devi otherwise known simply as "Amma".

Bewell, well that is a good question. When I think about my "path", I often refer to it in my own head as the "path of light". In simple words, this can be rather ambiguous I guess. To me it means the path of becoming one with the essence of all. I understand that meditation is perhaps the best means to obtain this goal.
To this day music has been my main source of centering, where I can sometimes enter into deep trance states. Its is through this ancient trance music that spirits can approach me. Its been good for my spiritual health, but I do feel the need to search more for the "inner silence"...

I feel grateful for this connection with you all, my heart has been touched. many blessings!
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  04:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool, I kinda thought so already.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  06:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nyuchi,

Kundalini rashes are not uncommon after meeting a saint. It is caused by the kundalini energy rising (as you guessed). Avoiding pitta foods (rajasic foods) can help calm down the energy and so reduce the symptom of the rash. Just Google pitta foods or rajasic foods and you will find a list. There is probably a link on this site somewhere too if you do a search.

If the lady is a famous Indian saint, she probably has an ashram in India, and if you do a Google search on her name, you may find the website. There will probably be an email address, so you can email the ashram and ask for advice. The saint may be too busy to read emails, but often there are a number of swamis who handle things like this, and who will reply to you.

Kundalini rashes do not last forever, as they are a symptom of purification, so time is on your side too.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000