Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Struggle not to judge sittings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zelebe

Netherlands
35 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  08:17:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm struggling at the moment not to judge my sittings after I finish my SBP and DM sittings. Immediately afterwards my mind starts to evaluate the session, how I felt, if I was drowsy and how I was repeating the mantra. Anyone familiar with that?

Instead I now just try to accept the sitting, no matter how it was and not to judge it for a good or a worse sitting. But I realize it takes effort, the process of analysing and evaluating the event is an automatic one.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  08:25:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If it is taking effort, stop trying to not evaluate it. Just be aware that it is the mind trying to evaluate the practice and it really has nothing to do with your progress.
The more you try to make the mind do or not do something, the more you are giving the mind something to do. So just be easy with it, and be aware your mind is doing it, but don't fight it. It will stay in place longer if you give it too much attention. The mind gets bored after a while, and will forget about the evaluation in time.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Zelebe

Netherlands
35 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  09:40:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
Thanks for your reply. I get your point, that helps
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  2:01:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Like Shanti said, the best thing you can do here is just try not to be upset by your mind's tendency to judge and evaluate. Eventually over time this tendency will gradually decrease. It's all just a part of the process.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000