Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Chakra Petals Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John C

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  9:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Here's another approach that has been mentioned before here but worth noting. Humming the seed sound of each of the 50 or so petals of the chakras in ascending fashion. Especially for those who do not have an active kundalini, this might be a useful practice to consider. Do any yogis here do this practice? I have found it useful.
J

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  12:29:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John C,
IN the practices of Kundalini Maha Yoga which I follow we use the seed mantras mentally and chant them on each chakra in ascending order.Although on the Divine Sound which my guru recorded he sings them aloud repetitively on each chakra.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

John C

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  8:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dave,
I learned these 50 bija mantra sounds of the petals from a CD by Harish Johari a number of years ago, and have found this practice to be very nurturing and balancing to the energy system all the way on up.
Are there other mantras that are central to Kundalini Maha Yoga, (because I have found a number of traditional mantras that are likewise very wonderful for daily practice). My basic consideration has always been whether or not a practice enhanced Kundalini, simple as that.
J
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  11:44:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John C,
Each guru has their own guru mantra which has their vibrations in it.Normally one is advised not to follow more than one guru or visit other gurus simply because the vibrations from one guru to another will vary and may cause problems when entering anothers vibrations.A very common mantra used by many in India is SitaRam, simply chanted as one would the Iam mantra or used for japa.Three years ago we visited a mahasamadhi in Northern Gujarat where they were chanting this for 24 hrs, for 9 days at a festival.During this time they fed 30,000 for free during the 9 days.SiTaram is a good balancing mantra s it has the female and male energies in it.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

John C

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  6:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dave,
So the bija sounds of the chakra petals are recited going in ascending order, but mentally recited, not audibly. That's interesting because I've tried it both ways, and there's quite a resonant vibration that is quite noticable in each particular chakra, when it's petal sounds are recited audibly, that doesn't happen with mental recitation. In fact, this seems a very tangible benefit of this practice.
Secondly, regarding each guru having their own particular characteristic vibrational energy that could be confusing to students of a different guru, I find that odd, because there is only one universal kundalini energy, and it is the vibration of the Universe as well as of us wee human beings contained within it.
John
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  6:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John C,
Regarding differing vibrations, we all have different vibrations.We all have different levels of purification due to everyday living and how we were born including all the daily stress etc(or happiness) we experience.Entering anothers vibrational field is not necessarily confusion but can cause imbalance.Surely you have met someone who you feel you don't gel with but cannot put your finger on the reason.As your levels rise you are more open to be affected by anothers vibrations and one should be careful who you are involved with on an energetic level.If you work with energy healers you will find this out.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

John C

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2010 :  02:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dave,
So have you tried humming the bija sounds of the petals and felt the vibratory effects at the particular chakra the sounds correspond to?
Anybody with me on this? And how long do you practice this every day?
J.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2010 :  10:29:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John C,
I don't hum the bijas to the chakras but I meditate daily to the Divine Sound on which my guru chants the bijas to the respective chakra.Normally when I listen to it I am usually in a deep state of samadhi so am not aware of much happening around me.I noted that listening to Nandhi's recording on his web site for the root chakra that I felt a lot of tingling in the chakra.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000