Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 Invitation for west coasters (CA, L.A., etc.)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  6:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello friends

If you live on the west coast USA, especially Los Angeles county or southern California, I encourage you to contact me.

Why?

At this point, just to build friendships, a kind of organic network of local AYP practitioners. This can lead to informal meetings, meditation groups, or the much-desired "west coast AYP retreat". I'm not much of an organizer, but I can support any and all efforts in whatever capacity I'm able.

The main purpose of this invitation is just to get a sense of who and where people are, locally. No commitment is required on your part. I won't be bombarding you with emails about this and that event, making demands, asking for money, etc.

Just making local friends at this point.

Where it will lead is up to us/you.

Feel free to private message me through the system or email me. My contact info can be found here:

http://www.aypsite.org/events.html

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Much Love
cosmic

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  7:04:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. - You don't have to be in Los Angeles or even California in order to contact me. I'm happy to hear from you, wherever you are in the world, to share ideas, support, and to network in the broader, global sense.

We are all One, after all
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  1:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Cosmic,

I'm from the West Coast originally, and i think one of the issues you're going to run into is the distance factor. In the Northeast US, for example, a 6 or 7 hour drive gets you through three or more states and several major cities. On the West Coast, that gets you from Southern California to the Bay, and Portland and Seattle are both further.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  3:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey TTN,

What you're saying is true. The west coast states are definitely larger and more spread out than the east. I see what you mean.

However, I don't get what you mean by it being an "issue". This is an open-ended invitation for people to connect with each other. Nothing is being planned here, event-wise (as far as I know). So I don't see any issue with making local AYP friends.

I realize my post was a bit gung-ho, but connecting with others is all I have in mind right now.

Thanks for your feedback, bro

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  4:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome cosmic I live up in Washington state, so a lil further away but I would love to help in whatever ways I can. Feel free to email me (listed in my member profile) and good luck with this!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  4:55:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hehehe sorry Cosmic, I was under the impression that you wanted to organize retreats. Now that I re-read your post I see what you're getting at
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  4:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the encouragement, faileforever . I'll get in touch with you soon.

No worries, TTN. I wasn't very clear to begin with.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  11:56:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my 5+ years of posting on these forums, this was the most beautiful and life-changing post I've ever made.

I love you with all my heart, faileforever. Thank you for the happiest and most beautiful year of my life. You're my best friend and soulmate in every way. I love and adore you beyond measure.

Yours forever
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  12:09:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Who ever could have forseen this beautiful outcome a year ago? Thank you Beloved for the courage to create such a post, thank you to every member and Yogani for making such a forum and community possible, and thank you Life for showing me what Truth and Love really is...I love you cosmic and cant wait to spend the rest of my days Loving you.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  09:54:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  11:44:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

In my 5+ years of posting on these forums, this was the most beautiful and life-changing post I've ever made.

Beautiful Cosmic!

The flow of comment Posted - Nov 14 2011 did not make sense to me until I saw the date of the post just before was from Nov 06 2010, fully a year ago.

A lot can happen in a year
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  5:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Be

Thank you for bearing witness to the magic a single year can bring, both on and off the forums!

Love [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
cosmic
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000