Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Mysticism/ science and feeling others energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  01:43:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello lovely people

Recently the topics of mysticism in relation to science has been on my mind. Also a conversation with a friend on whether or not we are able to 'feel others energy' or 'know anothers experience' got me thinking??? can we? It was my stand that we could given that all our nervous systems do is sense energy either through sound, light, heat etc so it is reasonable think that it might also perceive energies science is yet to comprehend, ie spiritual energy, prana. However a quote by Byron Katie conflicted with this view point "It is impossible to feel someone else's energy. It is all projection and imagination."

Anybody have a different experience with this

My understanding is that with less obstructions lodged in the nervous system and a greater flow of prana the human nervous system has improved functionality. Also that practices such as those taught here and are able to affect these type of changes.

I guess the key questions of interest to me are

Has anyone here experienced the effects of feeling anothers energy. This would have to been felt without stimulus to rule out the possibility of self generated experiential change.

Next has anyone seen improved function in there nervous system to the point where it may be labelled mysticism? Mind reading/telepathy seems like a pretty good place to start, but if you can fly feel free to mention that as well. In the name of expanding the realm of possibilities for science to investigate

Big Love Narayana

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  03:46:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jamuna,

quote:

Recently the topics of mysticism in relation to science has been on my mind. Also a conversation with a friend on whether or not we are able to 'feel others energy' or 'know anothers experience' got me thinking??? can we? It was my stand that we could given that all our nervous systems do is sense energy either through sound, light, heat etc so it is reasonable think that it might also perceive energies science is yet to comprehend, ie spiritual energy, prana. However a quote by Byron Katie conflicted with this view point "It is impossible to feel someone else's energy. It is all projection and imagination."

The reason that Byron Katie says that is quite simple (although at first sight it is not at all obvious). Basically, for Byron Katie, not only is the idea of "feeling someone else's energy" a projection of your own mind, but even the idea that "other people exist" is a projection of your own mind. It's not actually an observable fact. It's an idea in the mind, and not one which can ultimately be proven.

One of the interesting things about waking up is, that when you wake up, everyone else stops existing. Or to put it more accurately, it isn't that everyone else stops existing, but it becomes immediately obvious that if everything is Oneness, then everyone is also Oneness. And if there is only One then there can't be lots of other people.

We are all one, and any idea which contradicts that, is an idea without validity (a projection of the mind). The idea of separation only exists if we believe in it. Truth (Oneness) exists whether we believe in it or not, so it is of a higher ontological order. Oneness exists when all beliefs fall away, so it is beyond belief (literally).

So that's where Byron Katie gets her teachings from. Her teachings are basically coming from a place of Oneness, and saying "it's all One, stop dreaming about the many". It can be useful, but it can also be unhelpful. It depends where you are on the path, and how ready (ripe) you are to let go of the dream of separation.

But if you believe that other people exist, then yes, you can feel their energy. And if you see everything as One, then you can feel your own energy (Spirit) manifesting through a diversity of forms (Creation).

Bet you're wishing you never mentioned the Byron Katie quote now?

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Nov 04 2010 05:52:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

jasis

Germany
27 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  03:49:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say that we all have some ability to sense the energy of other people. In the simplest case its often possible to detect if someone is in a good or a bad mood, just from the "vibe" so to speak. As with most things this ability to sense ranges across a spectrum, with the example just given as one point in that spectrum. I suspect many other points in the spectrum are also possible, for example, a healer may intuitively "know" where or in what form someone needs healing.

My 2 cents ...
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  08:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your succinct description Christi.

I occasionally contemplate my body. My fingers may think they are neighbours, but I think they are a part of me. While my fingers may think they are being attracted by a mysterious force, I might think I'm just closing my hand.

Perhaps seeing all as one is as vital to enlightened comprehension, as is seeing my body as one entity. Imagine the turmoil if I tried to co-ordinate any bodily movement as a series of independent relationships between the parts.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  10:09:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When you get to the stage that everything is one, then you won't be asking the question, or trying to answer it.

You can know this on an intellectual level but it doesn't mean you live it quite yet.

I have found that I can sense energy in a way that can't quite be explained. It's not useful, except to add fuel to the fire that everything is one. It's more that I sense energy everywhere when I make myself aware, the sense is fleeting, like trying to hold onto water. The energy (or whatever you want to call it) runs through everything including me and it is uniform and ever moving.

That is the interpretation that my mind puts upon it because there is no other reference and no direct understanding. It's a point when I sense I'm that and not the body I see, expanded out, connecting everything but with a sense of individual identity without ego.

Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  04:14:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your replies guys n' girls. Its funny how after you post something like this you sorta get the answer on your own. that was the case here anyway.

Christi your reply was very succinct thanks.

FYI
The conversation started with this; although ones experience isnt seen as separate from self. There appear to be multiple experiences. For example an enlightened person can duduce that the awarenes present in them is the same as in everyone yet the this isn't the experience. An enlightened person doesn't necessarily have any clue about what is going on inside of you and me, so this is how our conversation started, to what extent can you know and once you know it isn't there experinece anymore it's yours . .but yes to much mind in this convo. ill try laughing till the pointlessness of this becomes apparent
Go to Top of Page

wonderland

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  03:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes one example is that the auric field can not only be sensed but also seen visually with practice.
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  12:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
in person centred counselling a counsellor is encouraged to percieve the client at relational depth which is meeting someone at such depth that the psychological barriers we put up against knowing each other truly are disolved.

transference is much the same in terms of sensing how people feel using the emotional mind. for this to happen one must be pure in emotion and present in the moment to percieve and acknowledge with words the feeling someone experiences.

when a healer clears energy it is like transference but somehow the healer enters into the spiritual body of the client and releases trapped unwanted emotions and so to speaks lifts a weight from the mind of the client.

samyama is much the same, you can remove unwanted blocked emotions and encourage them to be cleared by healers by making the silence encouraged by meditation active.

this is how i removed much of the fear i experienced with psychosis it was amazingly powerful.

I think the more i meditate the more sensitive i am to others emotions without feeling weighed down by them, i haven't quite got to the point where i can clear masses of unwanted energy from other yet though would love to. I believe Christ and Angels can help with that.

oh by the way on flying, when practising Yoga Nidra if you concentrate of the feeling of lightness....

Joe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000