Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 No movement kundalini??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  11:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends

Yesterday afternoon I had a particularly interesting practice session. I just wrote about what happened mentally in this thread here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=8571 .... in this thread I would like to discuss/ask about what happened physically/energetically.

I have been dealing with what I would essentially call "intermittant" kundalini effects. Sometimes I can feel the kundalini moving through the body and I get the classic kundalini symptoms, and then sometimes it is like the root chakra has closed (but I can still feel kundalini in the other 6 chakras...or at least I can feel movement/air/energy in the other chakras, just nothing at the root) and there is only sensations in the upper chakras.

Anyways, yesterday, even before I started my afternoon practices, I could feel the sushumna very clearly. Felt like a column that was about 6" in diameter, and I could feel energy moving up from the root. I had a particularly "ecstatic" asana practice, the energy really starting to ramp up, followed by a VERY stimulating pranayam practice (accidentally went a little over time too). Then during meditation I had the experience I wrote about in the linked thread above. After I returned to a state of mind where there were some thoughts again, I had my attention directed inward to the bodily sensations that were happening. What I noticed was that the sushumna column was the same width as before, about 6" in diameter, but there was NO sensation of movement AT ALL! It felt like the sushumna tunnel was "coated" with mint toothpaste (or something like that) and it was all "tingly" and almost cool. Not the usual hot kundalini sensations I am more used to at all.

What was really wierd about this sensation was the complete lack of "movement" of energy. It was like the sushumna was a completely empty tunnel in which the walls of the tunnel were made of mint. This is not how I have ever heard kundalini sensations described before. Which makes me wonder if it even WAS kundalini. Just wondering if anyone has ever had an experience like this or has any advice/comments etc.

Love!

P.S. Forgot to mention that during this experience it felt like the entire top of my head was missing. The inside of the bottom half of my head had the same "mint/cool" sensation, but the whole top of the head was "open". Have had this before, just not accompanied with the "empty sushumna" feeling.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  11:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Minty cool is normal.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=1170#7350
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi All:

The minty sensation in the spine and elsewhere is a sign of the GI tract getting into the act, with higher digestion occurring in there, producing a refined somatic ("of the body") substance that permeates the entire nervous system. It is essentially the sexual function refining, combined with increasing porousness of the body tissues due to pranayama, mudras and bandhas. Then food, air and sexual essences combine to produce the alchemy of the somatic substance. It happens in the GI tract and can be felt in the spine during spinal breathing, and eventually all the time. It is what is behind other ecstatic sensations occurring from head to toe as well. It is the actualization of the "cool and warm currents" in spinal breathing that we begin priming with the cool and warm sensations of breath. The mint has a glow to it and is the manifestion of the manipura chakra in the belly too, which means "city of gems." It all ties together like that.

Mint (or liniment) is both cool and warm, yes? That is the sensation, with a glow and rising ecstatic quality as well. It is the stuff of ecstatic conductivity and radiance coming alive. It even whirls, and we may notice that before the minty sensations. It can be coming in any order and in any part of the body, depending on the unique course of our purification.

Fortunately, we do not need an in-depth intellectual understanding of the process to conduct this operation. We just do the easy daily practices with dedication, and in time it happens. Bravo for that!

This is why we talk about the option to do the cool and warm current thing in spinal breathing, and everything else associated with awakening ecstatic conductivity. May the mint be with you.

The guru is in you.

Movement is experienced because of friction, as purification continues and friction reduces, the "feeling energy move" also reduces.
http://www.aypsite.org/235.html
quote:
So much of energy experiences are due to what I call "friction" in the nervous system - energy passing through partially loosened obstructions. This can give the impression of a lot happening (erotic feelings, heat, vibration, physical movements, mood swings, etc.). Once the obstructions have been cleared out somewhat, then the experience can be much smoother and blissful. Same energy - less friction. I mentioned early on that experiences would change. That is the reason - changing patterns of obstructions in the nervous system as they are loosened and dissolved. This does not mean you are on the verge of total purification (though we'd all welcome it) - just that there is more clarity at the moment. You are seeing between the slowly dissolving clouds. It will change again.

I am sure you will get more input.
:)

PS: Awesome experience in med yesterday. Thanks for sharing!!!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  12:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shweta

That was incredibly helpful. I have heard lots of talk about kundalini symptoms and they always seem to revolve around the movement of energy from root to crown up the spine. I hadn't remembered anyone talking about having kundalini sensations but without any "movement".

Thanks for your help

Love!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  2:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

I can reassure you, as Shanti did, that this is totally normal.

In fact, it's pretty rare that I have those classic, super intense Kundalini sensations any longer... only during times of purification (which is generally pretty mild these days) & times of intense communion in meditation.

So that is to say, sensations like you are speaking of become much more common as progress is made.

Feelings such as: your head missing, or an arm, or the whole body even. Feelings like mintyness, or glowing, coolness. Feeling big, or small, or both. Sometimes ballooning out to incredibly vast spaces. Spinning, sometimes the upper body and lower body spinning in different directions (but still no movement like in the classic kundalini sense). Especially sushumna feeling big and open. And of course, just plain feeling illuminated by the Unseen Light!

This is all normal. It probably means your making good progress!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000