Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 fables?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tibetanempress

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  03:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit tibetanempress's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Five years ago and one month now, my boyfriend and I moved to China to take a teaching job, right after I finished university. We are still living in the south of China and see new things every day. One of my favorite things about the Chinese culture is the amount of stories or fables that are still used today. This is a cute one¡­
Originally, the rat and the cat were very good friends, and rat was the same size as the cat. One day, they were playing along the river and rat wanted some fish, he asked cat to dive into the river to catch some. Cat did so, but could not come out of the water. Rat did not save the cat, but ran away.
Finally, the cat was saved by a human. From then on, cat started to hate rat very much and decided to catch the rat. Since then, the rat had to hide to avoid being caught by cat. And from hiding so much overtime rat¡¯s size became smaller and smaller.
I was wondering in your culture, country, or even city or town do you have any fables or stories that you still believe in today?

Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 04 2010 03:24:04 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  03:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

njethwa

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  11:01:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't we make them ourselves :)

I often make up stories to explain my son. Ancient Indian Literature(Ramayana and Mahabharata ) and I believe all other different world literature are treasure of such fables. For e.g how did the squirrel get the three stripes? It says Ram once patted the squirrel and the fingers left the trace.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  6:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
where is the story of Ram patted the squirrel?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000