Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 cell phones
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2010 :  09:02:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
this is not going to be poetic.
nor will this be a complaint.
I am astonished about how many people in the world especially here in the U.S.of A. are always YAMMERING away on the cell phone. Bill Gates has over 54 billion dollars and although he didn't create the cell phone he is a player in the techy world.what concerns me is the distraction that gets created while people are driving and talking at the same time...and I am happy to announce that I am no longer carrying and using a cell phone. are there any other forum readers that don't use a cell phone and how do you manage with not using one in today's world?

my real reason for yammering today is to give my personal testimony that at age 40, I have gone into the woods during the September month and have witnessed the sound of falling leaves and acorns dropping. these sound loud enough to fool oneself into thinking that something else is in the woods like a deer or another animal.

leaves actually fall and it is enjoyable to pick a spot in nature and sit quietly and witness this ongoing event.

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2010 :  10:27:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds good, enjoying the piece of the forest. But dont let it be an escape from the active world, where cell phones are part of the daily routine. The stillness within doesnt need a forest, its always there - as long as you drop your resistance.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2010 :  11:30:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i have the very fighting mind.
in escapism i think of the consequences like with the unabomber man/ted kasinsky.

I can't afford the cell phone at the moment. I have used and found cell phones necessary and gave me a sense of safety to be within reach of a somebody in time of emergency. technology is very difficult to keep up with and in the end-I think is another vice/addiction to keep up with....I never have or had the patience to learn to text or speed dial...

a good balance.

of coarse stillness needs no forest, but at times I need the forest to soften the blows.
here it is almost late into the afternoon. I am fighting with my own imagination, on a roller coaster of music from the bee gees to mio babbino to my fag morrissey...

I guess the point I am trying to make without the all the fluff is that I am happy in one tiny moment to know the leaves fall from trees...and I just learned that....thru experience.
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  03:36:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah i guess i know what you mean. Its those moment when you melt with "what is", with the very now. Of course this can happen everywhere
and with everything... even watching someone using a cellphone *gg*

I too need the forest sometimes, when theres too much garbage above my inner silence. But it sometimes helps to remember, that everything
i perceive is just colors and sounds - its my conditioned mind that creates pictures with meanings out of this sensual informations.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  12:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
my conditioned mind is saying not to trust you...but in reality or in truth maybe I should not trust me.or just interesting to watch the mind thru it tricks,games, fears,panic, whatever.

I am not sure what "gg" is, but would it matter if I did?

I am not convinced that it is even healthy for me to use the computer.The entertainment factor and I guess a form of staying busy with my mind is deceivingly comforting. I think that it is weird to watch my very own personality or ego, even though it is my own eyes that I look out from.

Like for instance, got a call from the cerebral palsy foundation. they want to collect donations like clothes and do I have any? great. I conveniently do have a pile right by the door to take to goodwill. so they confirm that Oct 8 would be great pickup and what was my name....I gave my name and then she confirm my address, and it was not my address after all---and I said wait a minute..yous ound like a nice person and I would like to contribute however-how uncomfortable it is to give out my address to a stranger over the phone. She hung up. I went to called ID and it is a 888 toll free number so I dialed back ready to give my speil....no one ever answers. What am I to believe here?

I know how to connect with a cell phone and I do not consider that powerful. would I like to attribute or attach special meaning to that or that it is getting me somewhere or I am learning something?

I can post music and have good intentions and then freak myself out for hours and put myself thru emotional turmoil. what for?

right now it is time to order pizza for my son and a neighbor friend.

are you getting what you need from me?

peace

Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  03:39:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hehe... in the end it doesnt matter anyway what we´re thinking. What counts is our practice. The supreme love im feeling isnt coming from my mind. It comes from
my practice. My mind doesnt like this fact, and it doesnt understand how things work. All i have to tell my mind, is to let go.

*gg* = smile!
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  4:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sometimes I love it when I am wrong, this is one of those times.

supreme love?

love is not the feeling.

why does your computer not post the faces ?

what kind of practise do you have Panthau?
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  03:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I call it supreme love, as i have no other fitting words for it. I dont have a clue... how should i? I relay, as 99,9% of humanity, on my senses. Like a computer.

The smilies work for me too, of course... "gg" is just old fashioned style

Im practicing daily meditation since about two years, and ayp pranayama & mantra since a few months. Sometimes i have
these unbelievable experiences of joy and piece, where my mind is asking... wtf is this? Where does it come from?
Its obviously not from the mind, so thats why i say our thoughts dont count... they are just empty bullet cases.

Since i meditate, my thoughts get less and less... they loose their weight, their power. I had this moment, where my
mind complete stopped. Everything was even, no judgement... pure bliss. So my words are experience based. Still very very subjective
and to be taken with care.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000