Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Archetypes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  10:15:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends

Just wondering if anyone here is well versed in archetypes. I am not.

Yesterday I had acupuncture and my acupuncturist, who is someone I quite respect the opinion of, said that she believes I fit the "Joker" archetype almost to a "T". I've been trying to find information on the web about what the Joker Archetype entails, but all I can find is references to Batman/Joker movies. hahaha

Anyone know anything about or have a link they could share about what the Joker archetype is?

Love!

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  10:52:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Namaste Friends

Just wondering if anyone here is well versed in archetypes. I am not.

Yesterday I had acupuncture and my acupuncturist, who is someone I quite respect the opinion of, said that she believes I fit the "Joker" archetype almost to a "T". I've been trying to find information on the web about what the Joker Archetype entails, but all I can find is references to Batman/Joker movies. hahaha

Anyone know anything about or have a link they could share about what the Joker archetype is?

Love!

The Trickster is probably what she meant. Look up Jungian Archetypes. Jungian psychology is the basis of much of modern day psychological profiling, however, read his books, I would recommend memories, dreams, reflections.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  10:57:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl

I've read a few books by Jung several years ago, but I'm not totally sure she (the acupuncturist) meant Trickster when she said Joker. Perhaps. I will have to ask her I guess.

I did come across plenty of info on the Trickster earlier today, but I didn't read it because I figured I was looking for something different. I will read up on it now.

Thanks for the help!

Love!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000