Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 A beautiful encounter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  02:07:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This actually happened in 2002, before I discovered AYP or even got into yoga/meditation. Something reminded me of this a few weeks ago, and I feel like sharing it with you.

I was attending a transformational seminar called the Landmark Forum (it evolved out of EST training). On a break, I went into a cafe/restaurant next door for some dinner. As I ate, the manager was walking around, checking on customers and chatting with them.

A young couple with an infant was sitting a few tables away from me. The baby was crying and both parents were trying to comfort her and stop her from crying. The more they rocked and spoke gently to her, the louder she cried.

The manager approached them and they exchanged a few words. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but the lady handed the baby to the manager. He started to speak to the baby, with a real tender, loving look on his face. The baby stopped crying almost immediately. After a few moments, he handed the peaceful baby back to the lady. They exchanged a few more words, both parents looking astonished, then the manager went to stand behind the counter and wait for new customers to arrive.

Witnessing this moved me so deeply, that I felt the need to share it with the manager. I finished my meal and went to the counter, since no customers were in line.

I said to him "That was real touching, what you did with the baby."

He looked puzzled and said "Did I do something wrong?". His voice was very gentle, yet also masculine and confident. He had a peaceful radiance, but also seemed very strong.

I said "No, no, nothing wrong. That was beautiful the way you talked to the baby."

Then he said something like "Once, I was on an airplane and a baby was crying. I asked the mother if I could hold the child. She didn't know why, but she let me hold him. I just said 'Hello, beautiful. You're a beautiful child, you know that?', and he stopped crying. When you speak with real kindness, babies will stop crying. People will calm down. Even an attacking dog will stop barking and go away."

At this point, tears were starting to blur my vision.

He continued "God is within you. With God, man can create his reality. You can do anything! If you want to do something, like drive a race car, stand in front of the mirror, look into your own eyes, and ask God if you can do it. Then you will know if you can do it. This is what you're learning about." and he pointed next door, referring to the seminar I was taking.

He may have said more, but I was grappling with all kinds of emotions coming up (and trying to hold it together ). Everything he said had authority, like he had complete confidence in what he said. It was beautiful to hear someone speak about God like that without any doubts. He had compassion and total kindness in his eyes.

I could hear customers coming in behind me, so I quietly thanked him and left. I walked away with the feeling that the man knew God. I felt blessed and inspired to have met him. Totally beautiful human being.

Love
cosmic

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  1:14:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, that was beautiful
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  1:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing this Cosmic.
Beautiful!!!!
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  2:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed a beautiful encounter! This really moved me! Thanks cosmos!
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  7:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem. At that time, it was great (and much needed) to know there are people like that in the world. Thanks for reading
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  05:08:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is great to hear stories like that. So happy that you had an experience like that.
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  10:35:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, cosmic.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  3:28:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like that :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000