New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  01:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These are beautiful dear Shanti!!

The Emergence gives me a feeling that it is submerged and I am looking at it through water .. cool . And I love the light emitting feathers – guess you are a good student

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  09:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by matangi

Your art is beautiful, soothing, and inspiring. Thank you.

Thanks for your kind words Matangi!

quote:
Originally posted by Swan

These are beautiful dear Shanti!!

The Emergence gives me a feeling that it is submerged and I am looking at it through water .. cool . And I love the light emitting feathers – guess you are a good student

Thanks Bodhi and Swan!
I just love how the images emerges in these paintings.

The next painting I do with David will be to learn another painting technique, very excited about that as well... but maybe I should start one on my own with the above technique soon...
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  3:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i love the detail of His head and Her head...seems to me Siva and Shakti in sweet embrace
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  5:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Maheswari!
Yes, a sweet embrace it is!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 13 2013 :  8:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The past few months I have been working on a series of paintings called "Lost In..."
These paintings just flowed... No pencil, models, pictures to inspire... Picked up the paints and brush and a few hours later the paintings emerged.
Here is the series of 5 paintings...
http://the-journey-inward.blogspot....lost-in.html
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - May 13 2013 :  10:20:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
B E A utiful!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  02:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Allah!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  03:32:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  09:42:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Machart, Ananda and Maheswari!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - May 19 2013 :  9:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love your paintings Shanti. Very inspirational
Wish I could paint and draw too. The most I can draw is a teddy bear

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  06:21:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Sunyata!
We all have a talent (be it writing, painting, music, singing, speech, orator), something the universe uses to express stillness through us, at times it is not obvious, as you continue, you will find yours.

Oh, and teddy bears are the best!
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  3:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing these Shweta! They are lovely. My favorite was 'Lost In... a "Moment"

It was slightly reminiscent, for me, of some of Gustav Klimt's work. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gustav_Klimt_016.jpg

Very different and unique from Klimt, but for some reason it bought his paintings to mind.

josh
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  5:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Josh!
Maybe the colors in the "Moment" painting brought his work to mind... I am nowhere near his level of artistry, so very honored to know that a painting of mine brought his paintings to your mind.
Hope you are well!
Thank you again my dear!
Much love!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  10:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This was my lesson in painting portraits...
http://the-journey-inward.blogspot....-friend.html

Blessed to have an amazing teacher and an amazing friend whose painting this is. There was something about the picture that caught my heart.
Thank you both!
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  12:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Thank you Sunyata!
We all have a talent (be it writing, painting, music, singing, speech, orator), something the universe uses to express stillness through us, at times it is not obvious, as you continue, you will find yours.

You work is amazing!! Mine is expressed by the drawing of stick figures Which is far better than my singing
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  12:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Thank you Sunyata!

You work is amazing!! Mine is expressed by the drawing of stick figures Which is far better than my singing

Hope you don't mind me saying this... I don't really know you too well... but the general vibes I get from you... your presence is very light and uplifting and that is your gift. Stick figures are the icing on the cake... we will take it.

Thanks for your kind words.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  1:12:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  4:21:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000