Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Sufism Rocks!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  8:22:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Literally!

Enjoy!

VIDEO: Allah Hu

By the way, I have a couple of reasons for posting this.

1. Many people have preconceived notions about Islam that the video above may dispel.

2. It's an AWESOME song --- truly "Sufi* Rock" - Allah Hu is a dhikr ... an Islamic devotional chant, and, like yogic kirtan .... it translates to a rock format just *fine*.

Edited by - Kirtanman on Sep 02 2010 3:41:03 PM

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  11:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent, very ecstatic. I read that the chant can be translated as: "God is. God is. God is Truth."

Hmmmm. It did not dispel my preconceived notions. Yuk yuk. :)

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  7:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jo-self

Excellent, very ecstatic. I read that the chant can be translated as: "God is. God is. God is Truth."

Hmmmm. It did not dispel my preconceived notions. Yuk yuk. :)

Yes - "God is truth"; "Wholeness is reality" .... Allah Hu is yet another mantra for celebration the reality of the One.

As far as dispelling preconceived notions ..... those don't always dispel super-easily.

In writing what I wrote (about notions and dispelling) ... I was referring primarily to a lot of people is Western nations who don't have much familiarity with Islam, and know Islam only from what they read in the news.

Just as Yoga is a long way from the most conservative elements of Hinduism, Sufism is a long way from the most conservative elements of Hinduism.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  10:23:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

.....Sufism is a long way from the most conservative elements of Hinduism.

I assume you meant "Sufism is a long way from the most conservative elements of Islam" right?

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  12:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

.....Sufism is a long way from the most conservative elements of Hinduism.

I assume you meant "Sufism is a long way from the most conservative elements of Islam" right?

Love!

Er, um, well ........ Sufism *IS* a long way from the most conservative elements of Hinduism!

Like all good mystical paths .......... Sufism is a long way from the most conservative elements of anything; conserving is about restricting and enclosing -- mysticism is about liberating and expressing.

And yes .............. I did mean to write Islam, and wrote "Hinduism" instead .... but you know that.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000