Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Has anybody studied Hawiian Mysticism?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tetragrammaton

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  06:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit tetragrammaton's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Which is more also know as "Huna"?

I have been reading Max Freedom Longs "The Secret Science Behind The Miracles".

I must stress it is a **must** read for all here at AYP.

I have been solidly practicsing AYP now for 2 years and I am about to ramp it up as it were.I plan to continue as I have been making progress and have no wish to substitute it with any other system.

But the above book has knocked me right off my tracks and has given me a deep and profound respect for my South Sea cousins.

It has made my inner journeys more enjoyable and now I jump out of bed to practice my esoteric work.

Its also shown me that my Vedic Culture and those other "native" ones around the Globe were very very very advanced Spiritually.

Please if you get a chance read the book!

Aloha Nui Loa

Edited by - tetragrammaton on Aug 31 2010 07:00:30 AM

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  5:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you want to know more do a search for Maggie O Connor who lives on Big Island. She teaches Huna. I visited her last year but had no time to take any scheduled training.

Your post reminded me of the two magical days I spent with them
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  05:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a fascinating subject. I recently completed training in Hawaiian lomi-lomi massage, and have been doing a bit of research on huna healing. The wisdom is very deep - certainly they were completely au fait with non-duality. And the concept of 'vertical time' is fascinating. If you're interested in the healing aspects, the teacher recommended Serge Kahili King's "Huna Healing" - I have it in my book stack, but haven't got around to reading it yet There are some wonderful gems too in "Wise Secrets of Aloha" by Kahuna Harry Uhane Jim.

Mahalo and enjoy
Go to Top of Page

tetragrammaton

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  6:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit tetragrammaton's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Karl I will look that name up.I am planning a trip to Hawaii maybe in 2012.

@ amoux Yes I have come across Serge's name many times but less so with MFL. I havent finished the book yet but its simply astonoshing.

As for lomi lomi I could do with some.

Maybe a bit ho'oponnoponno.

Aloha Nui Loa

Edited by - tetragrammaton on Sep 07 2010 5:47:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  01:11:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the book recommendation, tetra!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  3:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tetragrammaton

@ Karl I will look that nmae up.I am planning a trip to Hawaii maybe in 2012.

@ amoux Yes I have come across Serge's name many times but less so with MFL. I havent finished the book yet but its simply astonoshing.

As for lomi lomi I could do with some.

Maybe a bit ho'oponnoponno.

Aloha Nui Loa

Lucky you. We will probably go back when we get the chance. We were very fortunate to meet Maggie and her partner Luna. Luna is a native and is heavily involved in keeping the Hawaian culture and spiritualism intact. We visited several sacred sites which are off limits to tourists and took part in several ceremonies.

A night at the top of Mauna Kea star gazing as the observatories fired out pulses of laser into the stars and the cold blue starlight made the clouds below us look like blue neon.

Next day canoeing across the bay where Cook landed accompanied by a school of dolphins was equally awesome.

Two events I will remember for a long time.

Edited by - karl on Sep 09 2010 1:41:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  8:48:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone have personal experience with the magic/shamanic type stuff?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000