Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 The Fire Yogi - Must Watch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hemanthks

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  01:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit hemanthks's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

A documentary exploring the journey of a Yogi who has the extraordinary ability to use a unique breathing technique to get into union with Fire. This non-religious documentary portrays a rare and unusual Fire Ritual performed by a Yogi from India and the subsequent chemical analysis of his clothing and physical tests that examine this supernatural phenomenon. The Yogi has performed this Fire Ritual for a total of 1000 days over the last 45 years. The Yogi, weighing a mere 94 pounds around 43 kilos has been able to survive on only two bananas and a mere glass of milk with a few drops of water twice a day for the last 28 years. The ritual is performed for Universal Harmony , Global Welfare and Individual Prosperity. Many aspects of the Yogi are on the edge of unbelievability, while at the same time highlighting the power and endurance of human mind, body and spirit.

http://www.grokfiles.net/yoga/?p=45

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  10:20:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the great reference.

I wonder if all that clarified butter has something to do with the ability. Maybe the butter itself is burning off. Like when they show him putting things into the fire, he first dips his arm into the ghee, then in a few shots pulls his arm out quickly.

In either case, it still is very powerful and shows a great life of sacrifice and one-pointedness. It is not at all like the fake Fire Walking of the new age nutty people.

Go to Top of Page

hemanthks

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  11:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit hemanthks's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Clarified butter is flammable, which helps to burn things that are offered into the Agni Kund. If you recall, the narrator do mention about this point in one of the parts. As stated, I think it is his ability to use pranayama to be in union with the fire which does not burn him.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  01:58:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jo-self

It is not at all like the fake Fire Walking of the new age nutty people.

Personally I have reserved judgement on whether they are nutty or not. I remember stepping onto some hot coals once and my foot was swallen and had blisters for a couple of weeks.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  7:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link very interesting. I hope he gets his cholestrol sorted I doubt it has anything to do with his 'Yoga powers' maybe he just has high cholestrol!

Very interesting Wim Hoff, 'The Iceman' springs to mind. He ran a marathon above the polar circle in only shorts and shoes! He didn't get frost bite, or die!
And theres John Chang who set fire to newspaper with his hand!

Hat's off to their commitment, but how is it useful again?!
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  8:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  8:12:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cholesteral is not bad! It doesn't indicate heart disease risk, and drugs don't help! See this article:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...numbers.aspx

You may have to subscribe to see this, it's safe and they don't sell your email. Very good medical info for free.
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  11:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chiron

quote:
Originally posted by Jo-self

It is not at all like the fake Fire Walking of the new age nutty people.

Personally I have reserved judgement on whether they are nutty or not. I remember stepping onto some hot coals once and my foot was swallen and had blisters for a couple of weeks.

I read some debunker articles that tore into that fire walking tent show. If you prepare it correctly, there is a film on them that will cushion the feet if you walk fast enough. But, even with that there are accidents. I wouldn't try it, I know from experience that fire is painful.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  07:45:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Etherfish for the enlightening article on cholestrol.

Just goes to show how much we are brainwashed into believing one sided arguments by the media etc, so they can sell more junk to us.

I'll let the fire yogi off then.

Edited by - woosa on Sep 01 2010 09:52:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

hemanthks

Canada
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  10:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit hemanthks's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by woosa

Hat's off to their commitment, but how is it useful again?!

Namaste:

Regarding Homa /Yagna, which means fire sacrifice, is considered (by vedic seers) as the source and foundation of everything in this world including creation, cosmic order (ritam), the continued existence of the universe etc. Sacrifice is the beginning of everything and the means for everything. The yogi in the video, also makes clear that it's not for ego display or anything, but only for the goodness of the world.

Homa has several benefits including spiritual evolution. If interested please go through these links:

http://www.vedicastrologer.org/homam/homam_why.pdf

http://www.homatherapy.org/

Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2010 :  09:52:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the links

I will stick with AYP, seems a lot simpler!

I've adopted the view that 'All roads lead to Rome'.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000