Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Free-Awareness.Com
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  6:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
http://free-awareness.com/

An interesting website on the realities of awareness beyond mind and body.

One of its teachers (Bentinho Massaro) is a friend of mine on Facebook.

His Facebook Updates (a sentence or two people post regularly, to indicate what they're up to) include some of the most profound and accurate spiritual insights I've read. Anywhere. Ever.

Some Examples:

"The only thing wrong with you is that you believe something is wrong with you. All is naturally understood when we cease to believe in our beliefs in imperfection. Then we are where we are already, but we know that we are. It's really simple, so keep it simple."

"It doesn't matter what you do, think, believe or where you think you're going, you can never escape awareness even for a second. Every single experience is equally pervaded by it. You are not moving through the world, the world is moving through you. Let it move, go with it, and recognize what's stable all the while."

"The most important aspect of what seems to be a journey, is to simply become unshakable in your conviction. No practice needed to get anywhere. There is nothing to find, no state to reach. Freedom is simply what starts to persists when no doubt is believed in anymore."

"At any given time you can decide to be clear-headed for just a few seconds and notice that something was already aware. Then when non-clarity seems to occupy the mind-space again, you'll still be able to notice that which is already aware. Awareness never changes."

... and that's just over the last couple of days.

Highly recommended.

Enjoy.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

PS- Free eBook (PDF File) from Free-Awareness.com ... I just downloaded it, and it looks *excellent* (the reality of non-duality, stated simply and clearly, with pointers to how we can all recognize it in experience, now) --- Free eBook.

Edited by - Kirtanman on Aug 09 2010 7:33:55 PM

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  04:47:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks KMan, great!!! I really liked the phrases.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  05:07:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I read some of the ebook. It is really powerful stuff!!
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  05:36:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for this - wonderful
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  05:36:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, sounds like interesting mindfood :)
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  06:12:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brother K-man, i respect all the non duality books out there and some of them do have the sent of shakti in them. But fact remains fact that without the physical presence of the teacher or guru it's mostly like banging our head against a wall. Take me for example i had glimpses plus i am over sensitive (to the extreme) yet this stuff seems dry nowadays and i've read tons and tons of books on non duality... But somehow I am more into Bhakti and Love these days, and all of my devotion is mainly poured toward Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi and his disciples. Don't know why but other than books by or about Sri Ramana i don't feel this Love and Bhakti but in rare cases.

Love
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  7:13:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Brother Ananda,

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Brother K-man, i respect all the non duality books out there and some of them do have the sent of shakti in them. But fact remains fact that without the physical presence of the teacher or guru it's mostly like banging our head against a wall.

Take me for example i had glimpses plus i am over sensitive (to the extreme) yet this stuff seems dry nowadays and i've read tons and tons of books on non duality... But somehow I am more into Bhakti and Love these days, and all of my devotion is mainly poured toward Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi and his disciples. Don't know why but other than books by or about Sri Ramana i don't feel this Love and Bhakti but in rare cases.

Love
Ananda

Well, that's clearly perfect for you, now; truly - sounds awesome!

I went through several iterations between jnana/advaita (Adyashanti), bhakti (kirtan), jnana/advaita (Kashmir Shaivism) while still enjoying bhakti (kirtan, Rumi, etc.) ... as I felt moved to do by intuition.

Whatever resonates now is perfect for each of us .... it's all about what moves each of us closer to awareness of our own wholeness, now (i.e. it's not the teaching/practices that matter; it's the teachings/practices that facilitate waking each of us up, at any given time).

And, as Sri Ramana said repeatedly - Bhakti and Jnana are the two proven ways to dissolve the ego idea (Bhakti by surrendering past ego; Jnana by letting attention rest at the source of perception/consciousness, and experiencing there's no ego, there).

.... I just toss out resources, in case people might resonate with them; that's all.

If people do, perfect; if people don't perfect.

In fact, it's all perfect.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  7:14:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Panthau

Thanks, sounds like interesting mindfood :)

More like mind-dissolving food .....

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  7:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yonatan

I read some of the ebook. It is really powerful stuff!!

Hi Yonatan,

Yes, it is.

One of the reasons I like this type of stuff, is that it's written an articulated by "everyday people", who are living everyday lives .... and yet, the teaching and wisdom is as pure and accurate as the teaching and wisdom found everywhere.

It's all always for all of us, and it's all always ever right here.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  7:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by amoux

Thanks for this - wonderful

"You're Welcome!"

Glad you're enjoying!

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  01:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste dear K-man
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  03:55:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If I'm not totally gone, Benthino is an old disciple of Candice O'Denver who has Great Freedom. This quote :

quote:
At any given time you can decide to be clear-headed for just a few seconds and notice that something was already aware.

is mirroring Candice motto:

"Short moments of awareness repeated many times will become automatic".

www.greatfreedom.org

It seems as if Benthino has broke free from them and are now promoting the same thing from his own realizations, which is great. I'm also very glad he writes on FB. It's always right on the spot, and his messages comes to me in exactly the right moment when I need it, and there's so much love pouring out between the lines.

I love the guy!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  8:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

If I'm not totally gone, Benthino is an old disciple of Candice O'Denver who has Great Freedom. This quote :

quote:
At any given time you can decide to be clear-headed for just a few seconds and notice that something was already aware.

is mirroring Candice motto:

"Short moments of awareness repeated many times will become automatic".

www.greatfreedom.org

It seems as if Benthino has broke free from them and are now promoting the same thing from his own realizations, which is great. I'm also very glad he writes on FB. It's always right on the spot, and his messages comes to me in exactly the right moment when I need it, and there's so much love pouring out between the lines.

I love the guy!

Hi emc,

Yep; me too!!

Bentinho awesome; and I'm impressed: dude's only 22!

(I don't recall exactly what I was doing at 22, but it sure as heck wasn't promoting awareness!! )

And yes - he seems like a very clear, fun, loving kinda guy - and I also agree: his Facebook updates are in a class almost by themselves (Ben Smythe and Jeff Foster also have some great stuff; I'm sure there are others, too).

In fact, Bentinho and Benjamin Smythe refer to each other as "Ben1" & "Ben2" (aka "The Non-Dual Bookend Bens" -- what's really funny is they're kind of .... opposite, appearance/demeanor-wise ... Bentinho is all blond & clean-cut, and Ben Smythe is .... not. <- & I love them both; they're fun, interesting, and using their free time to promote freedom *from* time; gotta love it! ).

Good stuff; beats hearing what somebody's friend's friend's kid spilled at breakfast-time ...

And "good catch" on the possible Great Freedom connection; I wouldn't be surprised. You could always ask, if you care to - I'm guessing Bentinho would just tell you.

Thanks for this.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  01:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After reading emc's post, i had to look into the matter again and found out that this is something i've been personally practicing for a long time now but learned it from Anthony De Mello...

Sorry for the fuss K-man and thanks for sharing... and yes as dear emc said it does become automatic...

Love
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  5:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

After reading emc's post, i had to look into the matter again and found out that this is something i've been personally practicing for a long time now but learned it from Anthony De Mello...

Sorry for the fuss K-man and thanks for sharing... and yes as dear emc said it does become automatic...

Love
Ananda

Hey Ananda,

No worries @ all, of course!

It's all about what works, as I wrote before.

And if there was ever anyone *all* about Free Awareness, it was that beloved and oh-so-wise Catholic Advaitin, Father Anthony De Mello -- he even has a book (as I believe you posted about) titled *Awareness*.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000