Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Pain in hands?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  10:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Not sure if there is a direct correlation, so bear that in mind. I'm thinking it could be one of those Kundalini symptoms masking as other illness (or the opposite).

Lately, I have been having pain in hands and wrist. Occasionally elsewhere. Well, one day I'm sitting and doing SBP and noticed that when the Prana goes up into brain, my right thumb would get pain. Was it overstraining or incorrect practice. So, I do it mostly internally with hardly any breath intake, and it happens again. Weird. Have not tried duplicating it again. My SBP seems normal enough, not visual, just psychophysical "energy".

I'm hesitating seeing the doctor. I know just what will happen: sign the forms, let me look at your hands and stuff, move this way. Take Ibuprofin and don't worry, most people have this issue. Bye. KahChing ....

Anyone have a similar physical issue and found things to do, maybe special Hatha Yoga regimen, etc.

Just noticed this post in another section: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7775

Edited by - Jo-self on Aug 08 2010 4:00:46 PM

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  2:13:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jo-self,

Why not just go see a doctor if the pain persists--they may even have a better idea than Ibuprophen.

I did go through a phase with increased wrist pain, which went away on its own. Now have an issue with "energy movement" for the lack of better term--I very frequently have a sensation of vibrations and heat on palms, as if in some kind of outflow as you say. I am not doing anything about it, as it's not unpleasant just weird. Plus I am not sure I can do anything other than stop practicing, which I don't want to do. I guess in your case because because it is physical, you could try EFT (www.emofree.com) Good luck, Lili
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  08:45:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lili:

Thanks for the info. That EFT looks interesting. I did get a Reiki session the other day and I had some reduction in symptoms in hands. Weird. She did foot reflexology and a whole bunch of things were happening, like the heart chakra area getting really active.

I'm going to give it some more time. It sounds like a mix of 'energy' and other things.

Thanks ....

Edit: Found a site with very good info: http://www.holistic-doc-pain-support.com/

quote:
Originally posted by Lili

Hi Jo-self,

Why not just go see a doctor if the pain persists--they may even have a better idea than Ibuprophen.

I did go through a phase with increased wrist pain, which went away on its own. Now have an issue with "energy movement" for the lack of better term--I very frequently have a sensation of vibrations and heat on palms, as if in some kind of outflow as you say. I am not doing anything about it, as it's not unpleasant just weird. Plus I am not sure I can do anything other than stop practicing, which I don't want to do. I guess in your case because because it is physical, you could try EFT (www.emofree.com) Good luck, Lili

Edited by - Jo-self on Aug 15 2010 10:56:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  11:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is there anything from your life that would contribute to developing a condition in the arms/hands/wrists? Playing an instrument, sports, excessive typing or some other kind of repetitive actions?
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  8:20:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Clear White Light:

I'm at a computer a lot, both work and at play. I know that doesn't help, mice are very uncomfortable (no offense to real mice).

Now that you mention it, a month ago I was using an electric reciprocating saw. I think that may have started the problem.

Today when meditating I felt my right outer forearm muscle twitching. So the body is trying to work it out, I hope.

jo-self
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  4:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Computers are the number one source of nerve entrapment. I should know, I'm practically an expert at nerve entrapment considering how afflicted I am by them. 2 Decades of computer use combined with my activity as a musician has basically killed my arms. If the problem lingers, it's really important to try to figure out what may be causing it, because you don't want to wait so long that you end up with possible nerve damage. Not trying to scare you or anything, just speaking from my own experience.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  5:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i have been an electrician for 30 years. i began to develop carpal tunnel syndrome from twisting wirenuts (connectors), which is a firm, repetative motion. It would hurt every time I did that motion. So I got a crank tool to twist the wirenuts with a cranking rather than a twisting motion. All of the pain went away in a couple months. I was surprised that the tool did a better job, faster also.
So the solution is easy: find out what motions you are doing over and over, and figure out a way to not do them.
If that seems impossible, then do radically different motion exercises, like with a thera-band flex-bar.

Edited by - Etherfish on Aug 21 2010 5:03:48 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000