Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

djc28

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  6:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Kriyabanseeking. You need to check out Yogiraj satGurunath Siddhanath. He is a satguru and has helped me more than I can begin to describe. He is in the US right now and is going to have a retreat in Oct. in pacific palisades by srf's lake shrine. You can watch some of his videos on youtube and you can check out his website at hamsayoga.org I hope this helps you ;)
Go to Top of Page

njethwa

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  10:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Have any of you heard of Swami Vidyadishananda Giri? He is from the Swami Yukteshawar chain. I have had the privilege of listening to two of his discourses and they were quite powerful. He is currently based out of Santa Clara and spends some time there and some time in Himalayas.
Go to Top of Page

Billybullon

France
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  06:05:59 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by njethwa

Have any of you heard of Swami Vidyadishananda Giri? He is from the Swami Yukteshawar chain. I have had the privilege of listening to two of his discourses and they were quite powerful. He is currently based out of Santa Clara and spends some time there and some time in Himalayas.

Hello,
sorry for my english, i'm french.
i read you know swami vidyadishananda, he gave me the kriya initiation in geneve in 2001. I m looking for him since he left the kriya organisation. I 'd like to send words of love to him and say how gratefull i am. 10 years after i realize how much he changed my life.
thank you very much for your time,
maybe you can give me the contact i m looking for...

peace, ... in each breathe

Simon Berthier
france
Go to Top of Page

Kim

Finland
56 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  08:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kim's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
The only Kriya Yoga-lineage I'd recommend is the one of Hariharananda-Prajnanananda. It is pure and honest.
Go to Top of Page

FutureHumanDestiny

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  12:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Your inner guru will guide you, but a legitimate outer guru will guide you faster. i advocate the natural path, however, where are it's adherents?
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  01:10:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Etherfish and Shanti,

I just would like to thank you both for the great tips you shared on how to use samyama in life! It's much needed here:)

Pheel
Go to Top of Page

Billybullon

France
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  12:45:18 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
yes kim, hariharananda giri is my master.
he was alive in 2001, and directly gave me the initiation through one of his swami
dont worry about swami Vidyadishananda, Prajnananda giri and the others swamis know him very well, he quit the kriya when hariharananda named prajnananda . . . i dont know why, but it s not the question, i m just looking for a man ( i know where is god, and you can find with Prajnananda giri obviously)

cordialement,

Simon
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  09:26:56 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kim

The only Kriya Yoga-lineage I'd recommend is the one of Hariharananda-Prajnanananda. It is pure and honest.

I don't understand why you say that. Have you experienced all the lineages?
Personally I trust Ennio Nimis. And Ennio trusts Ashoke Kumar Chaterjee (author of Purana Purusha, based on Lahiri Mahasaya's diaries, which is a very good book) as a Kriya Master.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  05:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
if one is arguing about lineages or is saying this master is better or that then it simply means there is lack of confidence

with your real guru, you will KNOW.. and that's it.. there will be no more room for doubt or debate
Go to Top of Page

sunyasi

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  4:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone know about Dr. Glen Morris' KAP program? The videos that are posted by Tao Semko seem right on. I am concerned by the strong commercial flavor of the site. Has anyone tried this?
Go to Top of Page

Sudeep

India
21 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  08:04:43 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

I feel myself prompted to suggest you Guru Gurinder Singh Dhillon from Radha Soami Mat, Beas, India. I am confident that your motive would be fulfilled. Radha Soami teaches Surat Shabd Yoga.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

elbers

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  01:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit elbers's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kriyabanseeking,
I am a kriyaban also and have some experiences with living masters. Would you mind giving us an update of the results of your seeking a Living Master? Your posting is from a little while back and I am curious whether you have been successful in your search.
EE
Go to Top of Page

amits44

India
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  3:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Billybullon

quote:
Originally posted by njethwa

Hello,
i read you know swami vidyadishananda, he gave me the kriya initiation in geneve in 2001. I m looking for him since he left the kriya organisation. I 'd like to send words of love to him and say how gratefull i am. 10 years after i realize how much he changed my life.

Simon Berthier
france

Go to Top of Page

amits44

India
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  3:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Swami Vidyadishananda ji comes tpo India every year around october/Nov usually and goes to the temple city of Haridwar at the base of Himalyas. He is based out of Santa Clara. He travels for most part of the year. I was initiated by him in 1997 for 1st Kriya and by Baba Hariharananda for 2nd Kriya in 2001.
personally i am feel very attached and have great respect for both Vidyadishananda ji as well as Prajnanandaji

You may send a mail to 'quest@swamahiman.org' to reach out swami Vidyadishananda ji's program

Check out swami vidyadishananda ji's organization's the web site
'http://www.swamahiman.org/'

Hello,

Simon Berthier
france
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

yoga

Nepal
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2015 :  6:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
are you there kriyabanseeking sir?
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2015 :  01:36:31 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
i feel it is best to do kriya reguraly without caring too much about spirituality or kriya itself. make it like brushing teeth. if you want the closest techqiues your best bet is still prolly ennio, or jc. or maybe goto india and find someone there. they use bregma as endpoint and i think lahiri probably used medulla.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak77

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  1:23:17 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
To those who say the Guru is within or to let go of thinking/looking/asking for a Guru,
I would add the other side of the coin.
Consider that when we are sincerely praying, asking, looking, discussing Gurus, it may be
the Guru's Grace - or call it Grace - working behind the scenes and drawing us to our outer
Guru.
I'm reminded of the story with numerous versions of the man who prays desperately to receive guidance from God.
He's walking down the street wailing and distraught and a stranger pulls him back from the curb narrowly missing a car. Then he continues on and falls into a man hole. A construction worker lifts him out. And then he steps into a temple and overhears a conversation which answers some of his pestering questions. As he sits for meditation that night, he prays deeply for God's guidance and God appears before him in a vision. He weeps to God that he has forsaken him. God replies I have not forsaken you. I pulled you back from the curb. I lifted you out of the man hole. And I answered some questions in the temple.
In a similar vein, we must have the discrimination/clarity to sense when effort should be joined with prayer and surrender. Our effort, for example to seek out a Guru, may well be part of the Divine will. And ultimately, what isn't part of the Divine plan? If we are not the doer?
Go to Top of Page

LivingSpark

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  02:42:13 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all Divine Souls,

I understand your confusion. I have been there, too. Not knowing whether a living Master is needed or self-study would be sufficient was a p... In the a.... It took some time to find it out.

Starting off with SRF in August 2013 - I thought the self-studied way would do it. But then I read Lahiri Mahasaya's commentary on the Bhagavad Gita and was totally surprised to find out that Lahiri insists on a LIVING Master - who initiates you. I thought - well that's interesting - and this gradually opened up a new understanding of the whole path for me. Again time passed - the dots started to connect - and after all this reading - all this time in a limbo state - clarity came down upon this bodymind - not from books but from own experience. If you like to know - please feel free to mail me and I'm happy to share the YouTube link freely with you.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
Matthew 7:7
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  2:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
the well is deep please lend me your bucket and rope .
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  8:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LivingSpark,

is it very personal or can you share it with this forum? :)

Thanks and happy practice!
Go to Top of Page

LivingSpark

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2015 :  08:58:07 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy,

Yeah please have it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDP4sCXARyE

Hope that helps :)

God bless you!
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2015 :  1:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello perhaps the Kriyaban seeking has found?

As a person who has learned Kriya in person from more than one source including SRF this reply is for you mostly but everyone is welcome to see this point of view .

Concerning recommendations for Ennio and his friend Stevens maybe they are the same person who really knows? Ennio has his 2015 version of his online publication free to download, PDF, out and Stevens has the 5th ( latest revision for now) purchasable on Amazon if anyone is interested.

Both publications are interesting from a standpoint of what happens when former students become unhappy with whomever taught them and decide to start a crusade to find the holy Kriya grail, unfortunately in doing so they have even further contaminated the baseline of the techniques with there own personal touches as to how the techniques should be done.

This invalidates both publications legitimacy to learn techniques from as anything other than a curiosity in these times.

If a person does the research there is allot of very questionable behavior going on till this day, Shibendu asks his property be returned http://www.kriyayogalahiri.com/kriy...hashaya.html

So why Kriya? I think allot of people read Autobiography of a Yogi and got hooked on the idea.

Lol I did.

It also took reading the Secrets of Wilder to understand and appreciate AYP in light of Kriya but unlike ABOAY book it is explained as fiction and the writer is here today.

Another big difference nothing questionable going on here, no secrecy, no power trips, no cults, no traveling abusive dispensaries of mumbo jumbo and Kriya techniques.

What is here is good community and powerful techniques and the founder who helps with senior AYP persons keep the baseline pure and intact, it can not be altered in this time because even misunderstandings of how to practice are able to be found here out in the open and misunderstandings corrected so there can never be the sad state of affairs plaguing Kriya.

Well at least not now anyway and I am sure when Kriya was new and only Lahiri Mahasaya was dispensing it, the baseline was correct but like a message repeated around a room……. time distorts.

It is thought the best anyone can do is work with the teachers one has today and not lament the teachers of yesteryear nor incorrectly honor where none is really diserved due to whatever clever turn of phrase or credentials of lineage.

AYP is here today, it is fresh, it is vibrant active and alive now. Who knows what the future will bring without Yogani? One thing is for certain with the way things are documented openly AYP can not and will not easily be mistaken or altered as secrecy and power has done with Kriya.

AYP is also working towards Certifying Teachers to make certain the baseline remains intact and those teaching are doing so correctly more on this at the AYP plus site.

Lastly concerning Gurunath I like his words they ring true.

Kriya has always been a Guru in the flesh relationship not in some other dimension of being tradition nor a hierarchy of helpers. The question is though does he really follow the Guru Disciple Relationship?

I have yet to meet one talking this way that does and the commercially available ones traveling and living as Swami’s do not.

It can not be seen how any of them can as they do give information but do not maintain a personal Guru relationship, heck one branch even points at a picture on the wall and the fellow teaching you will say I am not the guru he is the guru. Wow never even met the guy now he is the guru?

Wow how silly is it to speak of scripture the importance of the Guru disciple relationship and then go and blow it with such contradictory behavior?

Sadly it has been my experience these types of setups are a 1 way direction money from the wallet flowing in the direction of the good talkers.

Sad to say the word Kriya lives on but it is thought there is no real way of learning and performing and living Kriya in these times, it is thought to be either a system that has passed or one that is in the hands of those who do not advertise openly and all that remains is what is seen today, not pretty.

Oh and when it comes to Stevens with his many revisions of research for sale on Amazon and Ennio with his Free stuff to download neither one of them are doing any harm really. Spiritual practices given incorrectly or read from words are self regulating, those that are not ready simply will not be able to do them, something will come up or the way will be too difficult .

Here in AYP if a practice like Samyama is premature you will overload and have to back off this is called the Self Pacing Principle. If you do too much Spinal Breathing the same, too much DM the same.

Dear Kriyaban seeking perhaps it is time to give AYP a try and discover for yourself?

Personally I do not think Kriya is possible anymore the Guru if there is one that is real already has his /her day to day students living the life with them the correct way and it is certain that Guru does not have organizations or huge buildings with people living in a commune, in fact he or she just might be an ordinary appearing person maybe the greeter at Walmart or maybe the person working on your car? Perhaps they will appear to have a kind of close circle friends that really like that person, or perhaps and older person appearing to be taking care of younger persons.

Edited by - So-Hi on Jul 12 2015 2:59:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2015 :  10:23:27 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
thankyou so hi
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2015 :  1:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LivingSpark,

thanks for the video. You could have directly mention Gurunath, he is not a stranger to the AYP forums I think :) Just look at the gurus section :P

But not everyone feels attracted to a physical guru, mostly because the good experience has not happened. Other than that a living guru is only a +. One day when you are the guru, you will be in the same situation. You have endlessly good to share and some people will love your sharing and others will not even try of your taste. Everyone is attracted and pushed away in different ways, by that being placed to where they belong to.

@So-Hi, kriya is still alive, there are a lot of realized kriya yogis walking around, but from the SRF I have heard of none too. It is just the wort possible example, although Yogananda's work does fruit through other kriya lineages and yogic systems including AYP thanks to his book. But I am with you in regards, that kriya is not for everyone. Initially it was intended to be practiced in continuously growing amounts and to finish the job sooner than later. But only few people feel attracted to hours long spiritual practices, although they would love the aftereffect as everyone would, other options must be there and they are increasing very much.

Independent of all, Happy now and happy practice friends :)
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2015 :  4:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Holy. In my opinion SRF is actually one of the safest best ways to learn, and it is a very thorough way for novices with Spiritual Practices, to develop.

In no way shape or form do I agree they are the worst examples there are far worse but there is no point in discussing who that may be.

It may be noted however that many people are unable to go further than where organizations are willing to teach, then you see a natural leaving take place but that depends on the individual.

In my case leaving it was because the devotional aspect was just not strong enough to stay and the practices of energization technique were not needed as the ability to direct life current in the body was natural, Haung Sau held absolutely no attraction and the , OM Meditation Technique was a sure way to developing too much inwardness and effected the interactions with daily living. Kriya Pranayama was fine so was Mahamudra, Jyoti Mudra was worthless.

So all in all just two practices were a fit, Mahamudra and Kriya Pranayama. The two however were not enough to make a fulfilling routine.

Had Paramahansa Yogananda been alive in the body sitting with me and I with him it is certain the Bhakti would have been of the charts and everything much different but that was not the case.

No living in person Guru.

When Initiation to the higher SRF Kriyas was granted they were better but still not balanced for this neurobiology.

In fact practicing Hours of Kriya Pranayama is very easy to get used to but even with the higher Kriyas the entire thing was incomplete.

In other lineages living in the Crown and every practice done from that standpoint not only incomplete but over the top, had to come back down. Oh the practices were just fine and could live like that no problem but there was allot of work still to do in purification and these techniques were rising above rather than working out.

Now Yogani however has discovered developed a completeness Kriya lacks.

One of the Keys which is no secret is the Deep Meditation technique, that one technique alone has done more for me than all the hours of Kriya Pranayama placing om in the Chakras or following different paths through different routes placing a mantra in each center OM NA MO BA GA BA TE VA SU DE VA YA and essentially causing prana to become still or neutralized.

At any rate could go on and on with what was discovered by the practice of other lineages but in the end not one of them was complete although many of them were quite different. Most of them focus on Pranayama to the exclusion of anything else.

Opinions differ but I have met other Kriyaban’s from different traditions and in all honesty have not met any that were really happy people.

In fact the ones met from 6 different lineages all tend to exhibit the following traits in part or in combination dogmatic, superstitious, unhappy, afraid to communicate, and also dominated either by whom they think is a Guru or the institution they are under. There are two that come to mind that completely bully those putting trust in them and exhibit the most awful behavior.

So yeah we disagree.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000