Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 bad dreams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

des022

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  5:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have had bad dreams my entire life. I have been practicing the AYP yoga for 3 years now and noticed marked improvements in my life. I still make a ton of mistakes but I always try to improve and be a better person. I still am plagued by bad, negative emotion, dreams. Does this mean that my subconscious is really messed up? Will the yoga eventually cure this? I would like to have warm pleasant happy dream.

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  11:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey,

Nice to meet you!

You are naturally a happy person filled with so much love in your heart.

I have alot of bad dreams also...however most times its hardly ever connected to me....because when u get closer to God u become closer to mankind and their woes etc. Your bad dreams may not be connected to you but the energy grid space in you are in.....or locking into...
Dreams do have a way of getting messages through....just remember u r just an observer....and soon u r wonderful dreams will come ur way....Watch what u eat though...avoid spicy foods and mushrooms for now....Change your diet and if u take medication(which I doubt) check it out....
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  1:10:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After a few yrs. of meditation, you're becoming aware that, in many dreams, you've the choice of influencing the course of events (like in real-life situations, including meditation: there's always the option of gently returning your mantra back into focus, although it takes training to see) oftentimes even without pushing by force. It creeps in slowly, week by week.

Another option is very deep, restorative, dreamless sleep; its proportion usually increases when you're physically exhausted from outdoor sports and activities, and have had a slight deficit in sleep hours.

It's always helpful to remember that the subconscious is closely connected to the body; so routines matter, such as an evening meditation or soothing asanas - e.g. forward bends or The pose of tranquility (modified plough w. knees resting on palms), regular habits, early/small dinners, dim light (or none) & quiet 10-30 minutes before bedtime, a lukewarm shower, fresh air and darkness in the bedroom, a semi-soft matress, all phones swithed off, doors locked, a regular wakeup-time (a bulb and a timer better than an invasive alarm clock) etc. - whatever helps you prevent tension, be inventive.

Ayurveda doctors usually suggest intense physical activity before noon, your biggest meal at noon, sleeping during dark hours and actvity during dayligt; so, common sense seems useful in improving sleep.

From the AYP perspective, if you defuse the tension or inner conflicts by regular asana/pranayama/meditation practice, there will be less of it left to deal with in sleep.

Jet lags are of course more tricky but this is useful both while traveling and at home.

Peaaaace/shanti (whispering & yawning wide )

Edited by - HathaTeacher on Aug 05 2010 1:12:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  6:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep all the above............my intense activity is gym(weights,aerobics),household duties,hectic lifestyle,kids, large family lots of chores,gardening,dealing with youths..........and basically anything that keeps you active...will work.....

We are not perfect and up till today I dream/see bad situations/people.....etc....

I guess that's why we all seeked yogani's guidance and came here. At the end of the day,yes self help is important but sometimes we need a little external help.....

Praying for each other works too!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000