Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 consumed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  1:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,

For the past several months, I have been experiencing a consuming thirst for spiritual material and many other subjects, at a speed and rapidly I can hardly keep up with! I have many pages of lists that I
have made, on a number of topics. The speed of this is mind boggling!

Has anyone ever experienced this? Is this significant, or nothing at all?

Love and Light,
nirmal

Scorpio1987uk

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  12:31:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha, I know what you are going through, I just can't put a book by Dalai Lama down, I must have read it about 3 times now but every time I read it makes more sense every time, The thirst for knowledge is natural in my opinion, it is also very good biologically for the body, new brain cells are formed to replace the brain cells full of useless information that we picked up as children, it is a process of reverse-conditioning to undo the damage caused by the mass media and close minded education that was presented to us on a daily basis as infants. The speed of the human mind is incredible, I have noticed I can read faster than my eyes can see the words :)
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  8:53:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nirmal

Hi everybody,

For the past several months, I have been experiencing a consuming thirst for spiritual material and many other subjects, at a speed and rapidly I can hardly keep up with! I have many pages of lists that I
have made, on a number of topics. The speed of this is mind boggling!

Has anyone ever experienced this? Is this significant, or nothing at all?

Love and Light,
nirmal

I have gone through a couple of phases such as you describe.

I consider it a "downloading" period, where new information is gathered. There are many types of people, and not everyone will experience this. But for those that do, I believe it to be an integral part of their journey for this lifetime.

The only caution I have is to stop when it's time to stop. There is no use in continuously gathering information if time is not also given to both digesting and expressing that information!
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  3:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have also experienced "downloading" periods. Augmenting your framework of understanding becomes important for many of us as we learn how to surrender. My problem is that I want it to make sense. It seems to help me with quieting the Ego.

Namaste, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  11:08:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi,

Yeah I too have this I tend to read or watch more related to bhakti/spiritual stuffs and its kind of never ending thirst for Spiritual Knowledge ..

Edited by - vijikr on Dec 12 2010 11:11:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  12:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nirmal, there was a time that I would search everything I could about enlightenment and other spiritual topics online and would for many hours sit days and read, also many books.

But I think it passes at some point. I rarely read now spiritual books. Just sometimes read phrases from "The Power of Now" or "I AM THAT". Though I always love to read others' stories about their journeys, that's what inspires me now.

Love
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000