Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Scott Kiloby: "Love's Quiet Revolution"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  12:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I just finished reading this amazing book. It contains the clearest explanation I have ever read of how the ego, essentially fragile, sustains, through thought, the endless loop of the personal self.

The full title of the book is: Love's Quiet Revolution: The End of the Spiritual Search

http://www.amazon.com/Loves-Quiet-R...p/1419695789

Warmly recommended

Jaycee

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  06:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jaycee's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the recommendation. I really enjoy his work, especially his videos. here's a link to them.

http://www.kiloby.com/videos.php
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  09:05:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link, Jaycee

The three-part series on 'Brahman is the World' is a gem.

Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  06:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi amoux and Jaycee,

Thank you for the suggestion. I took a look at Scott Kiloby's website and the phraseology and descriptions he uses seems to take the same approach as those used by Eckhart Tolle, especially in relation to time. Of course, this is no bad thing! Have you read The Power of Now? Do you know if there is any more insight offered by Scott Kiloby in Love's Quiet Revolution beyond what Eckhart has said?

Thank you

Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  08:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wafu

I've read The Power of Now - for me, Scott Kiloby's book has immeasurably greater clarity and depth. He really seems to spell things out in a way that Tolle doesn't (for me). No criticism of Tolle intended. Personal preferences are funny things

Edited to add: here's a link to Amazon.com reviews of Kiloby's book - if you read some of them it may give you an idea of its 'flavour' and depth:

http://www.amazon.com/Loves-Quiet-R...58640&sr=8-3

(I downloaded it from Amazon.com using the free Kindle for PC app - quite a bit less expensive than buying the hard copy in the UK.)

Edited by - amoux on Jul 18 2010 09:16:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  8:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by amoux

I just finished reading this amazing book. It contains the clearest explanation I have ever read of how the ego, essentially fragile, sustains, through thought, the endless loop of the personal self.

The full title of the book is: Love's Quiet Revolution: The End of the Spiritual Search

Warmly recommended

Thanks, Amoux!

"Like Jed McKenna, but nice and soft-spoken."

GREAT stuff/clarity.

I really love this video:

Spiritual Awakening Is Not a Hidden Secret

(*Exactly*!! )

Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  05:40:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
His videos are just SO good

In fact, Scott Kiloby is visiting the UK in a couple of weeks, coincidentally or not [;), so I've booked to travel down to Yorkshire for the weekend of 7/8 August, for a couple of days of Satsang with him. Should be wonderful.

Go to Top of Page

idiotegue

Czech Republic
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  07:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit idiotegue's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI all!

I really like his videos too! He is a champion of clarity! That's just amazing. I am considering to buy his book, but it's too expensive (17£)... :(

Ooooh that's great amoux! You have to report your experiences with him when you got back

Edited by - idiotegue on Jul 20 2010 08:02:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jaycee

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  07:53:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jaycee's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amoux,

Great to hear you're going to the Scott Kiloby satsang . I saw this meeting advertised a while ago, but family commitments mean I'm not able to go this time.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and let us know how it all went when you get back.
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  07:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Back from two days meetings with Scott

Great clarity, great kindness, and a wonderful sense of humour. Oh -and Jeff Foster was also there.

What to say? Only that 'the light is on and no-body is home' Hallelujah!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  6:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Back from two days meetings with Scott

Great clarity, great kindness, and a wonderful sense of humour. Oh -and Jeff Foster was also there.

What to say? Only that 'the light is on and no-body is home' Hallelujah!

Beautiful! If you haven't already, you may want to check out the Jeff Foster video I posted, a couple of days back, Here.

(I like both Scott's and Jeff's material quite a bit, for what it's worth.)

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  05:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Loving that video - had me in fits of giggles

Just read his 'Conversation with a Seeker' on Facebook - it is brilliant!

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?no...58370&ref=mf

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  9:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Warmly recommended

I just started reading it this morning ........ it's awesome!!

And I didn't even realize there was a teleconference this afternoon -- I saw the Facebook listing about 20 mins before the call started!

And, as you heard, I enjoyed speaking with Scott & Jeff (Foster) - much fun!

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000