Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Help in a study on meditation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  07:23:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I received this email this morning, and have done the survey. I though others here might be interested in participating.

"We are a team of researchers at the University of Melbourne’s School of Behavioural Science. We are currently undertaking a research project exploring the potential benefits of meditation. Our project has been approved by the University of Melbourne Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC #: 1033604.1).

In the last couple of months, we have approached people we know, signed up people who have expressed interest through facebook, developed contacts made through undertaking meditation workshops and were given countless other contacts by meditators around the world.

We are seeking participants to assist by (i) participating in the study and (ii) forwarding this email among their networks to invite others to participate in the project. We hope that you will be able to help. Your assistance is of course voluntary and anonymous.

The study is for research purposes only. It forms part of Dominic Hosemans 4th Year Psychology course requirements at the University of Melbourne and is being conducted under the supervision of Dr. Lisa Phillips. The study involves completing an online survey which will take between 15 to 20 minutes.

If you agree to participate in the study, you will remain free to withdraw at any time and to withdraw any unprocessed data.

For more information on the study or to access the online survey, please go to:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/meditation_study

Please forward this email on to other meditation contacts that you have.

Dr. Phillips will be available to speak with you about any aspect of the study and may be contacted at lisajp@unimelb.edu.au or 9035 5180. Should you have any questions or concerns about the conduct of the study, please do not hesitate to contact the Executive Officer of the University Human Research Ethics on 8344 2073.

Thank you in anticipation for your assistance.

Yours sincerely
Dr. Lisa Phillips
Dominic Hosemans.
d.hosemans@pgrad.unimelb.edu.au"

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  09:39:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I got the same email. I too will participate.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  8:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by amoux

I received this email this morning, and have done the survey. I though others here might be interested in participating.

"We are a team of researchers at the University of Melbourne’s School of Behavioural Science. We are currently undertaking a research project exploring the potential benefits of meditation. Our project has been approved by the University of Melbourne Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC #: 1033604.1).

In the last couple of months, we have approached people we know, signed up people who have expressed interest through facebook, developed contacts made through undertaking meditation workshops and were given countless other contacts by meditators around the world.

We are seeking participants to assist by (i) participating in the study and (ii) forwarding this email among their networks to invite others to participate in the project. We hope that you will be able to help. Your assistance is of course voluntary and anonymous.

The study is for research purposes only. It forms part of Dominic Hosemans 4th Year Psychology course requirements at the University of Melbourne and is being conducted under the supervision of Dr. Lisa Phillips. The study involves completing an online survey which will take between 15 to 20 minutes.

If you agree to participate in the study, you will remain free to withdraw at any time and to withdraw any unprocessed data.

For more information on the study or to access the online survey, please go to:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/meditation_study

Please forward this email on to other meditation contacts that you have.

Dr. Phillips will be available to speak with you about any aspect of the study and may be contacted at lisajp@unimelb.edu.au or 9035 5180. Should you have any questions or concerns about the conduct of the study, please do not hesitate to contact the Executive Officer of the University Human Research Ethics on 8344 2073.

Thank you in anticipation for your assistance.

Yours sincerely
Dr. Lisa Phillips
Dominic Hosemans.
d.hosemans@pgrad.unimelb.edu.au"

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you all know: someone posted about this same study last year, and I completed it last year.

I know this, because I got a "one year follow-up reminder" a few days back, and completed it, just today.

This university is doing some very good, very thorough and very well-structured research, and I'd encourage anyone who feels so inclined to participate.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000