Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Latent Hues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2006 :  08:22:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Latent hues

Embracing the path of loves fine composite
over time made me quite eruptive
I fought with conflict and thought it loves opposite,
while instead it was rather constructive

It made me see, through years of lessons,
that whatever I fought out there,
would only serve as temporary digressions
to what takes place in here;

That whatever I can’t connect to in myself,
I also can’t share with my partner
Then part of my love will be stored on a shelf,
until I am willing to barter

that needy and suffering ego inside
with the roar of the chord of silence;
the quite sound that will always hide
from my selfish world and it’s violence

Now this, I must say, in my experience
Is far easier said than done
It’s so easy to miss the crucial difference
between doing and being One

In this case it’s not about doing at all,
but rather to be receptive,
To submit to emptiness once and for all,
and to work on being perceptive

And if, in the end, I still dance apart,
at least I will know all the whys
I will then be free to go back to start
without being burdened by lies

And should I be blessed with loves latent hue,
my whole life will change accordingly
What was once on a shelf will be born anew
And my body will serve as its canopy

Katrine 2003

May all your Nows be Here

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2006 :  10:15:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Katrine.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  09:49:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meg - you are so sweet.
Thank you for acknowledging my words

Katrine

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  8:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine (and others),

Online tradition makes some people hesitant to make "nice posting!" sorts of comments. If such practices catch on, they can eventually start diluting an otherwise informative forum. The negative is that someone can leave something extraordinary and feel shunned if they don't get replies. This is especially true with stuff like poetry...it's hard to think of substantial things to say in reply!

Please, everyone, don't feel shunned if you don't get reply. Keep posting. People are reading and enjoying.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Feb 09 2006 8:56:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  08:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine,

this stuff is really good you must publish and give people outside this forum the chance to appreciate your work. everyone is reading and enjoying please continue.

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  09:06:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, everyone.
I sit here in a heep of snow and minus 10 degrees celcius pondering the best approach to getting the poetry published outside Norway. I haven't a clue, really. Noone in Norway will publish poetry in English, and being such a novice I don't know how to approach this issue. Any suggestions, anyone?
I am in no haste. Things have a tendency to take care of themselves.

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  12:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine, lots of choices. Build a web page. Or do poetry in a blog model. Or self-publish. Or, what the heck, post here where people will appreciate it! Or all of the above!

Things like poetry are so fulfilling. I know from personal experience that they much get less fulfilling (not more) as you try to bring them to a wider audience or profit from them, etc. Even if you succeed, it's like marketing anything else, or working any other kind of a job. It's nearly impossible to keep that original spark...the original impetus and spirt.

My suggestion would be to just keep doing it, and keep sprinkling it around, and don't look for or expect more. This is as good as it gets. And, fwiw, I'm enjoying this stuff a lot, so please keep it coming!

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Feb 10 2006 12:41:40 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000