Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Be Your Self
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  1:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Be your Self and the world will be too.

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  8:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

Be your Self and the world will be too.

Oh, yes!

Over ten years ago, I felt the following quote, intuitively:

"The ultimate path to enlightenment is simply this: be yourself."

I had no idea what it meant then.

Then, I knew what it meant (I thought).

Thankfully, I no longer have any idea what it means; or if there's even an I who knows or doesn't know ..... reality beats ideas ... every single time, and reality is All One.

"The world is not my concern; it is myself."
~Adyashanti

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

PS- Close to the same time (ten years or so ago), I also got: "There is nothing to understand, and everything to be" (by "got", I mean "intuitively became aware of that phrase in my mind.") I had NO idea what that meant; then I did; now I don't. All I know is: the reality indicated by that statement is true, and truth is really beautiful.

Edited by - Kirtanman on May 29 2010 8:40:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  05:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi guys, i do get them realizations every so often (aha moments) but sometimes they seem to be counter productive. for example the realization of nothingness (accompanied with some scenery) which has hit me so hard lately that it was very present in some sort of sense but to my misfortune i sadly realized later that it's all realizations on the level of the intellect.

maybe it's all preparations maybe just more ego mental stuff who knows, what rings best over here now is not to be over excited about them and just welcoming accepting and enjoying and of course never forgetting where i am and practicing ayp and Self inquiry (being awareness\unknown on and off) daily.

love
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  12:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just being is not really anyone doing anything, it's already being done.

Tagging along is just for the fun of coming back to just being done.

Edited by - Balance on May 30 2010 12:38:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  8:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

Just being is not really anyone doing anything, it's already being done.

Tagging along is just for the fun of coming back to just being done.

Hi Balance and Ananda,

I agree enthusiastically with what you both wrote.

Being is just living without artificial divisions or evaluation, which can only be an effect of intellect, which can only be an effect of Maya.

However (important however), if there are intellectual realizations .... that's as much a real part of being as anything else.

Reality is what's happening now, however it's happening now.

Realization can be flashes of insight which help us dissolve further and further into reality ... until we're finally all the way here.

All the way here is perfect.

The process and way here are perfect.

There is nothing that is not One (all this manifested diversity is just One from another angle ... ).

The two words that are arising right now are:

Nothing Artificial

If there's a moment of intellectualizing .... that's real; live it.

If there's no intellectualizing and thought-free immersion in reality ... that's real, live it.

There are levels of depth to these phrases ("Be your Self and the world will be too", etc.), I feel.

At the level of mind, it's a becoming thing .... and utter authenticity is the quickest way here, and so: "Be your Self and the world will be too."

At the level of reality, beyond mind, it's a being thing .... with no artificial augmentation of mind, there's no separation ... and so, by being our true Self (original awareness, as I've termed it).... there's just the flowing of living unbound now, whatever this moment happens to display.

And so, "Be your Self and the world will be too."

And I agree, fully, Ananda .... if there's over-excitement, that's an indication of something mental ... something artificial (i.e. evaluation of how "major" or "deep" a given insight is, for instance).

When I look at these phrases we're discussing (i.e. "Be your Self and the world will be too", "The world is not my concern, it is myself", etc.) ... there's nothing exciting about them; they're just true.

The fact that the awareness I Am is the full field of awareness and all that appears in it, any moment now, is every bit as obvious (actually, far more so), than feeling that "I Am this body-mind" ever was.

The (non)difference now, is:

As body used to be body for mind, body-mind is now body for awareness.

One step, one dimension back ..... utterly normal; utterly real.

It's simply what is here for each and all of us once artificiality has finally dissolved all the way, and we can consciously experience the awareness that we are, instead of having hyper-focus on the contents of experience to the exclusion of awareness (the so-called un-enlightened state).

We don't "attain" enlightenment; we dissolve the veils of psycho-physical distortion and return to conscious experiencing of it; it's never been anywhere else ..... it can't be; unbound awareness is the ground of being on-in which all else happens now.

And so, yes, being easy and steady with it all is most certainly key; over-excitement, or disillusionment are both artificial, and not helpful to liberation.

Steady methodical practices with attendant realizations bring us all the way home.

The only way for that not to happen is to be insincere, or to give up (stop practices and inquiry) ... and even then, it only delays final enlightenment; nothing can stop it, for anyone.

Enlightenment is not like arriving at a mountaintop; it's like being a body of water that was turbulent .... and is now calm.

In that calmness, it's obvious that even other waves are not actually other, and are made of the same stuff "we" are, and that "we" is just a convenient designation, anyway ... and not a self.

What is a self?

All of this.

"Be your Self and the world will be too."
~Balance

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000