Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Effects of skipping a few sessions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  12:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
A few times in the past 3 years of practice, I skipped a few practice sessions in a row for various reasons. Sometimes, I skipped them altogether, other times I made the sessions very short. I've noticed a pattern that occurs in the first practice after the break (say 2-3 sessions).

I sit down and do spinal breathing without a problem, then after 5-10 minutes of deep meditation, there's a feeling of extreme tiredness, so I lie down or lean back and the bodymind is drawn into deep stillness - no sense of time, space, etc. This may take 10-40 minutes. I may come back refreshed or still very tired and cold. No matter how I came back, 20 minutes later there's calmness, softness and feeling of nice warmness in the body.

The process seems to be making up for the skipped sessions :)

Just reporting... enjoy & practice regularly!

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  09:55:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tadeas,

Good to know. I never skipped few sessions in a row over the last 5 years, but many times skipped the evening session due to deadlines etc. In my experience not skipping it would be better though so would not say the session the morning after is making up for the skipped evening one Maybe in more advanced stages such as yours
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  10:34:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh I didn't mean "making up" so that it's like I never skipped the session. I meant making up like the bodymind is trying to catch up with the skipped session, so it goes very deep very fast. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000