Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 explosion of love! swamiji's insight into bhakti
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

porcupine

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  11:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit porcupine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Om!

Someday you'll be lying / there in a nice trance / and suddenly a hot / soapy brush will be / applied to your face / --it'll be unwelcome / --someday the / undertaker will shave you

--Jack Kerouac, Scattered Poems

So I'm studying The Taittiriya Upanishad and it has really enlivened my meditation practice once again, and I'm learning lots of new sanskrit terms like vijnana - consciousness, and manas - mind. Its interesting how it seems to weave together all the yogic essays I've read before by famous teachers, in an even more simple manner, I guess its true all of it derives from these texts, sometimes it can be a little hard to understand but I feel like it has come to me at this point for a reason, because finally I AM ready to understand. I like how it instructs to recourse to devotion, and then provides basic insights that then through self exploration begin to reveal their true magnitude, while at the same time being relatively simple. It also acknowledges the fairies, and one of its the first time I've seen that in a Hindu text. It makes the interrelation of jnani and bhakti seem a lot smoother than it was for me before, when I tried to do it without a guide.

I found this podcast from April 25th, which also seemed to magnify things, all seems very cohesive now, and a cleansing rain has fallen.

Peace and love to you all

Om
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000