AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 My name is Earl
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  4:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I got my hands on a DVD and watched several programs in a row tonight, and laughed, and laughed! Really funny TV-show about a guy who's been an asshole and suddenly understands karma and is starting to make amends. LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyAKsyDN_04

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  6:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I love this show. 90% of them are very good, so if an episode is dull, skip it and move on.

There are a couple episodes that are particularly good, one where Geraldo Rivera pretends to be doing an investigative story on crime in Camden county, and does a hilarious exaggeration of his own personality!
And my favorite where a faction of local Amish people break off and start their own sect, "The Camdenites", because they believe the Amish are too wild and crazy and accepting of the devil's new technology, like pitchforks. It's hilarious!

What makes the stories even more interesting is that Earl doesn't believe in God. He believes in Karma. He says "Do good things and good things will happen."

He has a list of all the bad things he has done, and corrects them one by one. Sometimes after he corrects something he realizes that
the event caused a whole series of bad events for the victim, and he proceedes to correct them all! But always in a funny way.

Sometimes intellectuals won't appreciate this show because the stories are about common people who aren't very smart. But it really gives you an insight into how common people think, and I think it inspires one to understand alternate ways of seeing the world.

Edited by - Etherfish on Apr 15 2010 6:33:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  02:12:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The programs you mention must be in season 2, I only got season 1. Great description, Ether!

I'm so glad for being shown these shows! I laugh and laugh, and it has the effect of having contaminated the mind with a formula, so now I'm continuously being shown my own life events in a similar mode inside, giving a hilarious perspective on my own "doings" over the years - how I have been puppeted by conditioning. Very much "common people" behaviours! The laughing just continues.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Lehman

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  02:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark Lehman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Friends,

Its really funny and i am so happy after watching it.

Thanks
Mark.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  03:51:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000