Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Enlightenment West Virginia Style / Richard Rose
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  9:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
West Virginia is a beautiful, mountainous state in the Appalachian Mountains of the Eastern United States.

To say that West Virginia is not internationally-known as a hotbed of leading Advaitic wisdom would be a bit of an understatement.

This may be changing soon.

http://tatfoundation.org/

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

PS- No Kidding ... in the "YouTube Video Player" sense of the term ........ (<--- Click Link, scroll to bottom of page ... and enjoy a little Enlightenment West Virginia Style! ).

Edited by - Kirtanman on Apr 14 2010 10:17:54 PM

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  04:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Richard Rose was a quite extraordinary man. I have his book, The Albigen Papers, which I bought a couple of years ago, and was quite a 'shock' to this system It was an eye-opener, to put it mildly, and reading that book, his poetry (which I found astonishing) a book about him, and as much of his story as I could track down - well, all combined to produce an uncontrolled kundalini awakening, which was one of the most painful experiences I have every had. I am, however, very glad (now) that I went through the experience. He reminds me, a very little - but it's there, of UG Krishnamurti. Some of whose writing I find as powerfully transformative as Rose's.

Edited to add a link to a piece about Richard Rose:

http://www.richardrose.org/

Edited by - amoux on Apr 15 2010 06:08:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Smileyogi

Australia
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  02:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Smileyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by amoux

Richard Rose was a quite extraordinary man.

Indeed he was..I'll post his experience from the http://www.richardrose.org/ata4.htm ..worthy of reading.
Danny;)
"So I stumbled back to my hotel room in shock--I had a cheap room over top of a Japanese restaurant. Next thing you know I’m propping myself up with my feet tucked under me in a yoga pose to meditate. But I’d barely got started when something happened.

"It began with a tremendous pain right in the top of my head. Now I've had pain before, but nothing like this. Tears were streaming down my face. I couldn't stand it. My head felt like it was going to explode, and I thought, 'Oh boy, three thousand miles from home and here I go.' I was convinced I was dying. Nobody could have that much pain and live. I remember thinking it must be a stroke, and I worried about how my people were going to get my body back home. They didn't have money to be shipping bodies across the country.

"Then, at the peak of the pain, I went out the window. I could see the Cascade mountains from my hotel room, and that's where I went--out the window and towards those snow-capped mountains. I was aware of seeing people on the street, except that I was above them. I passed over the people, and then over the mountains, and I watched this just like I was in an airplane. And I kept going out until I arrived at a 'place.' I don't say where. It wasn't the Cascades or anywhere else I knew. It wasn't on Earth because there was no sun, there was no sky. I simply arrived at a high place, and it was beautiful.

"I became aware at some point that I was in a causal realm--that I was the reason for its existence, that whatever I thought became a reality. In other words, I was causing things to happen, to be created, merely by desiring or thinking about them. The thought passed through me then that I was alone and that I wanted to see humanity--all of it. And so they appeared, all of humanity--everyone who had ever lived, everyone who ever would live--covering a huge mountain below me, crawling over each other like maggots, trying to get to the top. I was aware that they were engaged in a struggle that had an ultimate spiritual goal, but their immediate lives and pleasures were pathetic. I was still in some sort of astral form at this point--still maintaining an attachment to the body and to these people--and so I felt a tremendous amount of grief and sadness for their seemingly senseless struggle.

"I knew that if I desired I could pick out individuals, that I could see any man or woman who ever lived or ever would live. Because there was no such thing as time. These people were all living now--no matter what the earth time was for their lives--and all I had to do was pick them out, if I wished.

"So I thought to myself, if everyone is down there, then I must be there, too. And I looked down into the maggot pile, and there I was--Richard Rose. I could see myself struggling down there, the little man, happy in his illusion. I could see his whole life pattern.

"And then I thought, 'If that's Richard Rose down there, who's watching all this?' Suddenly I realized I was not just my individual self. I was the whole mass of humanity and the Observer watching it all--I was Everything. This propelled me into an indescribable experience of what I can only call ‘Everything-ness.’

Rose paused for a moment and looked around the table. When he resumed speaking his voice had a distant quality. "There’s just no words…no way I can talk about what that was… no way to begin to describe the…" his voice trailed off, "…the Totality."

The room stayed silent as Rose took a sip of tea. "Then, as I was experiencing this Everything-ness, this Totality, I got to wondering, 'If this is Everything, then what's Nothing?' Because even though I was in an Absolute dimension I still carried traces of my relative mind, which is always looking for dualities, for opposites.

"As soon as the thought of 'Nothing' occurred I started falling. I fell through an incredible void and blackness. And I thought, 'Oh boy, this is it. I'm gone forever.'

But I wasn't. At the end of Nothingness I was back on Earth, in my room in Seattle.

"And strangely enough, something was aware of the Nothingness as I fell, and of the Everything-ness as I took command of creation. That's why I say, in the final analysis, what you are is the Observer. That which you see is never you. That which sees, that's you.

ps..I'll add a beautiful poem from Richard Rose,from http://www.richardrose.org/ata7.htm
"...And soon I see, looking ahead, that all my joys are not, that all my love is not, that all my being is not.
And I see that all Knowing is not. And the eminent I-ness melts into the embraces of oblivion.
It melts into the embraces of oblivion like a charmed lover, fighting the spell and languishing into it.
And now I breathe Space and walk in Emptiness. My soul freezes in the void and my thoughts melt into an indestructible blackness.
My consciousness struggles voiceless to articulate and it screams into the abysses of itself. Yet there is no echo.
All that remains is All.
My spark of life falls through the canyons of the universe, and my soul cannot weep for its loss....for lamentation and sorrow are things apart.
All that remains is All.
The universes pass like a fitful vision.
The darkness and the void are part of the Unknowing....
Nothing is everywhere....
Death shall exist forever....
All that remains is All."

Edited by - Smileyogi on Apr 18 2010 06:44:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  5:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Homosassa, Florida Dragonboat RaceCapt Mike's Inaugural Dragon Boat Race April 24th meeting at the Homosassa Riverside Resort on the Homosassa River in West Central Florida. We will also have a Kayak Sprint Race ...

dragonboatnet

if I had a kayak or acess to a rental, I certainly would
travel the rivers of west virginia. even a used one is not cheap.
so anyone in or near tampa thought I would post this dragonboat race that I accidently found while searching for something nice song by Jakob Dylan from his latest woman and country cd.

will have to ck out the Wv info. see'un that I don't live far from the wild and wonderful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000