Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Shedding tears during meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  01:05:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I have been shedding tears, emotionlessly, during and immediately after meditations for more than two weeks now. I suppose this is purification. But what is it for? the physical eyes? Does anyone went through similar experience?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  09:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, purification.

Are you practicing sambhavi?

Many here have experienced tears during meditation. Deep seated emotions, some of which we may be aware of, but some we may not be aware of, get released during meditation. It's a good thing. Losing more of the internal blocks.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  09:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Funny that you said emotionless. There are likely emotions behind the tears that you will find later. Purification often releases stored emotions.
The body tenses muscles to store an emotion it doesn't want to experience. It acts as a reminder to experience that emotion later. It can be stored in this manner for years. It negatively effects your health.
So as meditation profoundly relaxes the whole body, these chronically tensed muscles bring the emotion back that was stored. This is a big part of the "impurities" that are cleaned out from meditation.
The process can sometimes be accelerated by stretching. For me backbends (the wheel, or bridge) brought out tons of stored stuff, mostly anger but tears too.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  2:25:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

Yes I am doing Sambhavi. I am having much more energy and more automatic yoga during meditation probably because of it. Sometimes feel the 3rd eye area is like a little heart beating. And then energy spills into other parts of the head, including the top. I think this is probably fine, as I never lead energy into crown. But just wanna make sure this is safe, not related to premature crown opening.
I totally feel what you said, Etherfish! I knew it when I was taking voice lessons. There is just something set in the muscles as tension. My vocal teacher tried every means she knew, but just couldn't relax me. I'll try some of the bendings to see if they bring out emotions. Do you know if there is asanas that can release intense back pulling of head during meditations?
Thank you both!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  4:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Philaboston

Hi Shanti,

Yes I am doing Sambhavi.

Well... the reason I asked, at times, in Shanbhavi, if we are forcing our eyes too far up, there can be eye watering. So keep an eye out for that too.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  7:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

There's no forcing. I usually do the mudra and then tell myself to keep it. Of course, it gradually reduces just to something between intention and physical action. The tearing began long before sambhavi:)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  11:30:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Philaboston
Do you know if there is asanas that can release intense back pulling of head during meditations?
Thank you both!

No, I don't know anything about yoga asanas. I was doing the bridge just for stretching and flexibility and the emotions started coming out. It happened for almost a year, then subsided, but still a little bit occasionally.
While the emotions were still coming out, I was unable to strengthen the arm muscles to walk in the bridge position.
Then when almost all the emotions were gone, I was able to work on those muscles. Probably similar to your singing!
So a possible side effect of yoga - stored emotions may keep you from doing things in life you want to do, and yoga can remove the blockage! I'm just speculating here, but it seems perfectly logical.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  01:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Etherfish, the odd thing for me is, when emotions are gone, I'm no longer so much into the things that I found passion in, or even infatuated with. Classical music is one of my infatuations. Some famous pieces, especially the romantic, create complicated emotions, which sits into my being as patterned blockages. Since gradually dipping into inner silence, I've been touching on my records less and less. Similar things happen to relationships. It's probably a stage. But now I do feel not very much into anything besides yoga...m
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  08:11:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes blockages can create interests that disappear when the blockages are cleared. But other interests can be found that are more in line with your true self.
It is important to be involved with other people to balance yoga. Even if that involvement is just helping other people with yoga. But I'm sure you know that.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  3:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes,Etherfish, I know. Naturally we all want to help people and be good to them. Actually not just people, but animals and plants. I think dogs can feel my good vibes and like me to pat them:) In terms of yoga, I tried to introduce yoga to several friends in need of it. But they didn't seem to take it on. Maybe it's not time yet.
I've been doing AYP for a while, and I haven't attracted any fellow spiritual practitioners yet... waiting...:)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  08:08:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
God presents us with people to help on a regular basis. It often doesn't conform to what you would like to be doing. In other words it's usually not yoga related, but that is what is needed from you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000