Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari Mudra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  11:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've always been intrigued by this mudra, I'm starting to come around. In the initial stages what is the practice? Constantly trying to keep the toungue as far back towards the soft pallete as possible? This is something I assume is doing constantly and consciously throughout the day? Do you hold this mudra during meditation/pranayama?

J

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  11:17:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is no need to try to maintain this mudra all day long while you learn it, just as much as you are inclined. Once it becomes easy and comfortable and you become familiar with how it feels you can choose to do it or not. I find it most useful during pranayama practice and also during meditation as it seems to draw the attention inward to the inner energy flows. Some people find it a distraction during meditation, especially if it is in the learning stages at the time, while others such as myself found that doing kechari has made meditation easier. I would say that its best to follow your own perceptions on this matter and explore as you go.
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  11:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

There is no need to try to maintain this mudra all day long while you learn it, just as much as you are inclined. Once it becomes easy and comfortable and you become familiar with how it feels you can choose to do it or not. I find it most useful during pranayama practice and also during meditation as it seems to draw the attention inward to the inner energy flows. Some people find it a distraction during meditation, especially if it is in the learning stages at the time, while others such as myself found that doing kechari has made meditation easier. I would say that its best to follow your own perceptions on this matter and explore as you go.

Victor,

What is the practice then? Taking aside a few minutes everyday and stretching the toungue?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  4:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wakeupneo,

You might find this lesson interesting, there is a lot of information there.

http://www.aypsite.org/108.html

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Burkananda

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  08:08:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Burkananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if you want to learn kechari mudra corretly you can visit the site of "ennio nimis" (just google) who explain it really well in that way there are exercises like talabya kriya . This stretch your frenulum lingua and lengthen the tongue....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000