Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Great Non-Duality Website
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jaycee

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  06:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jaycee's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

I came across this website recently. It has lots of video clips from a wide variety of teachers.

http://satsangs.net/

Hope you enjoy.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  08:02:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool!!!!

Thanks for posting this.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  7:09:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This shows that "realized" people are just regular people....even Ramana Maharishi.
Go to Top of Page

Jaycee

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  11:39:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jaycee's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
Your welcome!

Hi Alwayson2,
Very true, which gives the rest of us hope.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  1:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  4:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jaycee

Hi Shanti,
Your welcome!

Hi Alwayson2,
Very true, which gives the rest of us hope.

The problem is all these advaita guys use way too poetic language. Self-realization has a precise and practical definition.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  6:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is my definition of self-realization:

Your goal is to focus on the CLARITY and VIVIDNESS of the NOW instead of focusing on the thoughtstream.

Walk around and focus intensely on mundane visual and audio details in the present moment. Examples are wrinkles in people's clothes or a baby crying in the mall. Or the color of the toothbrush handle and the sound of the water faucet. Also the cracks in the sidewalk, or the sounds of a passing airplane. Internal body sensations also count (an emotion is the physical sensation in the physical chakras).

Now the second part is to freely use the mind, as long as all thoughts have absolute relevence to the present moment. Examples would be "I see cracks in the sidewalk" or "I hear an airplane" or "I am driving to the grocery store"

Keep this up strictly for all waking hours for two days.

During this time, you will realize that "I" is literally a thought. You can even practice it right now. Repeat in your mind "I am looking at a computer screen", which you are. See how "I" is LITERALLY a thought. Notice that "my" and "mine" are literally thoughts. Thus how can a THOUGHT own anything? How can a THOUGHT own a plasma tv, or ipod? Saying "This ipod is mine" does not make sense. There may be an ipod in your hands, but thats about it.

On the later half of the second day, bring to mind various friends and family, and recognize how they exist in your mind as a flawed packet of memories (happy memories of childhood perhaps?) and future projections (projections into a fictitious future). When a person is standing in front of you, notice that even though their thoughts and emotions are constantly fluctuating, your thoughtform of them is relatively static. So thus realize the false nature of people-thoughtforms. By the way, this is the ultimate meaning of forgiveness, if you hold a grudge against someone.

Also on the second day, look at something valuable like diamonds and gold in a jewelry store window and then look at something not valuable. You will realize something interesting...I won't spoil the surprise though. Also imagine yourself as emperor of the world followed by imagining yourself as a poor bum on the streets.

Dalai Lama likes to say sunyata is simply the discrepency between every thoughtform and how reality is. Time, yourself, other people exist in your mind as highly flawed thoughtform packets/bundles. For example, go look at clock right now. It is just an object with two pieces of metal pointing at two different spots on a dial. There is no such thing as time.

Every thoughtform (and all of them are flawed) will produce either 1) affinity or 2) aversion. The key is to be centered enough in the the present moment beforehand. And everyone is already perfectly centered, you just have to acknowledge this. So this method is effortless and easy. It is already accomplished.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000