Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Meditation side effects
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

summerwind

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  01:06:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit summerwind's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I have started meditating recently. I notice that when I do my body will feel all vibrate-y and buzz-y like static electricity is all over it but sorta numb at the same time and I want to know why. Also every time I meditate I feel like my brain is sort of floating above my head, if that makes sense. Is it ok to have this or am I doing something wrong?

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  06:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi summerwind

All these things are quite natural and just a symptom of purification taking place in your nervous system.

You don't say if you are following the AYP system as described in the lessons here Or if you have read Yogani,s Deep meditation book this is highly recommended and will answer your questions much better that I can.

If you are following another system please let us know what you are doing so we can advise you better.

I wish you all success in your chosen path

Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  4:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums summerwind!

This was my exact experience when I first started meditating. Then I started to feel magnetic energy along with the tingling. The tingling would concentrate at various areas where the chakras are located. After a while, I began to feel energy coarsing up and down the middle of my body, like it was purring inside me, and just numbing and tingling in certain areas. Then it got much stronger like something would actually stand straight up inside me which would freak me out at first lol. Now I just feel a whole myriad of sensations....

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000