Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal Breathing Pranayama Visualization
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  3:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Dear Ones!

I started the Pranayama about a week ago and yet am having trouble with creating a steady visualization. Examples of this being:

* Coming up the side of the nerve, then turning left at the top to go to the third eye.

* The passage being wide, rather than narrow.

* Going along well inside the nerve, then popping out and having to re-adjust, to get back in, while maintaining the breath.

* There are many other variations.

There are times when i am just streaming-along naturally, which is the way i feel it could be all the time, but my mind is playing tricks, as minds do! Maybe if i tried NOT to be inside and up, it would do just the opposite!

I did have interesting sensations during the first and second tries.....a sensation of increased physical heaviness and maybe "groundedness"? I also had a lot of different sensations in my head....increased heat, "puffing-up", shifts, etc. I did have to cut my meditation in half due to energetic tension and heat, but was soon able to resume the usual 20 minutes of that.

Any suggestions from the gallery or anything to add?

I am VERY happy to be safely in the second stage of practice, which gives me a lot of inspiration. Inspirtion is a must, considering most of us are still subject to egoical interference!

Hope you are all well and making great progress!

Love

Rael

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  5:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rael,

With SBP we don't force a mental image of the spinal nerve. It's okay if you don't visualize it clearly. The important thing is that your awareness moves up and down the spine along the root-to-brow path.

I've been doing this for years and I've never seen the spinal nerve. Some people have trouble visualizing in general, but the process still works.

Feeling heat and whatnot is normal, but be careful of pressure building up in your head. That would be a sign to cut back and ground, or that you're not bringing your awareness back down to root properly.

Hope it goes well for you.

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  5:33:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel energy flows much more than a visual image. Everone is different
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  1:09:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Great answers!....Thank you SO MUCH!!!!...and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!

Edited by - Rael on Feb 14 2010 1:15:05 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000