Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 funny
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  7:42:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
your ever post a response or a topic and have a thought simliar to this "oh, I should get a prize, that post was awesome, I know yogani is proud" The line between humility/compasion and ego seems so fine at times
see ya around
Brother Neil

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  01:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Often i make a post specifically about AYP practice that seems to me very relevent and it gets ignored while I see people frequently arguing endlessly about how many buddhas can fit on the head of a pin. Not sure how that makes me feel....
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  7:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor. I think sometimes people post when they do disagree with something or have a different take on an idea. But a lot of times people read a post and think 'yeah', or good insight or hhmmm that's right and they don't post because they agree more than not with what's being said...
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  9:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

Often i make a post specifically about AYP practice that seems to me very relevent and it gets ignored while I see people frequently arguing endlessly about how many buddhas can fit on the head of a pin. Not sure how that makes me feel....

so whats your guess on how many buddhas can fit on the head of a pin?
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  11:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
At first it might look like many, but it's really only ONE :D
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  11:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor,

I agree with Kathy. When I read a great post and have nothing to add to the discussion, I usually don't reply. So if by "ignore" you mean that people don't reply, I wouldn't see it as a bad thing. Your posts are some of the more helpful and clear, so there's no need to really add to them. They are helping more people than you may be aware of.

Brother Neil, the answer is ONE

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  04:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I wasn't sure if people were understanding what I was saying or having variations on the same experiences. I sort of was getting the feeling that most people were just in a different place and kind of shrugged at my posts because they didn't get it.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  07:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor, I had the same feeling at times. It feels good to feel apreciated I agree But well, I always turn back to the reality of my own experience, even if noone seems to understand it or care for it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000