Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Albert Schweitzer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  9:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
One truth stands firm. All that happens in world history rests on something spiritual. If the spiritual is strong, it creates world history. If it is weak, it suffers world history.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.

Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light.

I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.

As soon as man does not take his existence for granted, but beholds it as something unfathomably mysterious, thought begins.

Everything deep is also simple and can be reproduced simply as long as its reference to the whole truth is maintained. But what matters is not what is witty but what is true.

Impart as much as you can of your spiritual being to those who are on the road with you, and accept as something precious what comes back to you from them.

Edited by - machart on Jan 27 2010 9:02:15 PM

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  11:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by machart

One truth stands firm. All that happens in world history rests on something spiritual. If the spiritual is strong, it creates world history. If it is weak, it suffers world history.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.

Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light.

I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.

As soon as man does not take his existence for granted, but beholds it as something unfathomably mysterious, thought begins.

Everything deep is also simple and can be reproduced simply as long as its reference to the whole truth is maintained. But what matters is not what is witty but what is true.

Impart as much as you can of your spiritual being to those who are on the road with you, and accept as something precious what comes back to you from them.

Beautiful, Machart; thanks very much!

I've always found Schweitzer very inspirational, but don't think I've ever seen quotes from him.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  8:42:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kirtanman...

This quote in particular describes my appreciation for all your contributions and other AYP contributors.

"Impart as much as you can of your spiritual being to those who are on the road with you, and accept as something precious what comes back to you from them."

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000