New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  4:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
David - If Sadhak had prefaced her comment with an 'in my opinion', would that have sounded more acceptable? When I read it, as well as most posts on AYP, I understand that the poster is expressing an opinion, which is most likely not shared by all. I agree that her opinion was strongly stated, and didn't have a problem with that, as so many opinions here are stated thus.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  4:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Meg said:
I agree that her opinion was strongly stated, and didn't have a problem with that, as so many opinions here are stated thus.

Meg, is there anything so strongly stated around here that you do have a problem with it?

If I said 'People who suggest that people who use the pill are not yogis, themselves are not yogis', would that have strongly-stated enough for you to have a problem with it? Or would it be acceptable to you as Sadhak's was?

Think it over.

Truth is also, people are not in the habit on the board, neither me nor anyone else I know of, of expressing controversial opinions with the suggestion that those who disagree are not yogis.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jun 09 2006 7:15:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  4:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

Think it over.

I did think it over, and replied above.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  4:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, you didn't reply to me. Which is fine. Those smileys will do.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jun 09 2006 7:15:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  11:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[quote
Firstly, your attitude to the pill is not shared by all yogis by any means.

Secondly, your language could be construed as essentially prescribing that people not use the pill by disparaging those who do use it, as not being yogis.
[/quote]
Hi David,
You're right. Will be more careful in the words used in future.

Hi Meg, Shanti,
Felt the diff in energy during this round... definite surge. Also tried the moolbandh... can't say whether it made a diff or not. The period seems to have thinned. But not sure.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  09:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been searching around in the forum to see if any topic is related to practices during women cycle & I found this.

thank you everyone for the info,I would like to add my experience also for anyone who might search for an answer like I did

"2. Why do they say women should skip yoga practices during menstruation?"

When I started AYP practices,it did no difference if I practiced during menstrual cycle.As a matter of fact,it brought nothing but goodness.As I don't need pain killers during that time of the month anymore.

that's the good part.Lately,my experience with practices during that time has changed.
An attempt to do pranayama feels way too unnatural & uncomfortable to my body.I can hardly last one or two rounds...Even meditation is not deep like normal days...takes effort for a two or three mins session & end up with my subtle body shifting in all direction away from my physical body and me feeling like...
Add to all that the extra pressure in the head.

So obviously no spiritual practices for me during woman's cycle anymore

Salam
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  08:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My experience is contrary. My DM sessions seem to go deeper during the menstrual cycle.I carry on with practices as normal - at least at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  04:02:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
With regard to yoga practices during menstruation, the only ones I avoid are headstand and shoulderstand, only because traditionally it is not recommended, although I doubt it makes any real difference, other than when you come back up from the inversion, the pooled blood will suddenly gush out and it's inconvenient. As for meditation, I simply can't avoid doing it and have not noticed any adverse consequences.

With regard to birth control, I was on the pill for many years and while there were some side effects, like gaining a few (5-10) pounds and yeast infections, these were NOTHING compared to the threat of an unwanted pregnancy! So for me personally it was well worth it, and I consider the pill one of the greatest inventions ever. But, when I stopped using mainstream medicine and "divorced" my doctor back in 2008 I had to find another method. We tried condoms and sponge (together - because I was quite paranoid) but I ended up being allergic to latex and to the sponge/spermicide! My midwife friend then recommended non-latex condoms, which are great, non-allergenic and quite thin. We also explored NFP, which is the modern, more accurate form of "the rhythm method" (or as I like to call it, "Russian Roulette.").

Now that I am nearly 49 and entering menopause, with the help of my midwife friend I've done a lot more research into statistics and learned that the likelihood of pregnancy at this age is extremely low. At the same time, my partner and I are practicing tantra and he has excellent control. However, I was still VERY worried about "precum" or as somebody called it above, "leakage." I was very suprised to learn that the latest research says the "pull-out" or "withdrawal" method is quite a bit more effective than previously thought, especially in older men (who presumably have better control than young men), and that "precum" is unlikely to contain sperm: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Econom...y?id=7688558

In addition, the traditional "withdrawal" method involves pulling out just before orgasm, where the timing could be quite tricky. By contrast, when we are practicing bramacharya tantra, the man never gets to the point of orgasm; my partner stays way back from that point. So, this is working great for us at this time in our lives. But, I would NOT recommend it for younger people who are more fertile and have less control.

Edited by - Radharani on May 09 2012 04:03:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  04:17:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello dear Radha
can u please elaborate on the difference b/w NFP,and "the rhythm method" ?
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  04:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hoping that it is alright if a male chimes in here but I practiced tantric birth control for many years with no problem until getting a vasectomy. I guess I got the snip so that the pressure wasn't so high but to be honest, sex used to feel more exciting. Anyway, in my opinion the risk of using male tantric self control is not in the method itself but in the fact that a man might occasionally slip in his perfect control, and that it takes a great deal of trust and faith in his abilities from his female partner. maybe that risk adds to the excitement but I guess we each need to find what works best for us individually
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  05:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
off course it is alright if a male chimes in here

Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  05:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pills avoid menstruation and unharmonious energy states and loss like advanced kundalini and microcosmic practises. 16 years as in good old times is the preferred age of Tibetan goddesses before menstruation and ejaculation. For the older wrathfull goddesses with many dakinis this may differ.

During menstruation women are excluded from Jewish synagogual service as unclean and sent to cleansing to the mikwe or bathhouse surely with special prayers.

Witches and Wicca with their special frightening energies going up and down in irregular patterns like menstrual blood dropping from the small circle of black moon being very yin. The male and yang phase is full moon.

Axel
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  08:50:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
other version:

Menstruation are energetically special days.

So Jewish belief excludes women from service in the synagogue as unclean and sent them for cleansing rituals in the mikwe or bathing house.

Witches and Wicca people like the menstrual blood and the small moon cycle with blood drops for their rituals and the irregularities in the energies being very yin and unstable whereas full moon is rather yang and male.

The solution is good small circulation and kundalini taking menstruation away like the pill.

Axel

Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  10:22:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
According to a friend of mine, when his girlfriend took the pill she had 2 menstruation per month instead of one as she used to.
So I guess that the safest for both is condoms. That's what I've been told by doctors.
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  4:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice topic. Well, for me the intensity of the practise is very connected to my cycle. In the first 2 weeks of my cycle, It's sparkles, glitter and fireworks. Meditation is deep and there is a lot of ecstatic conductivity. Because of this I always welcome my menstruation . However, I overload a lot faster during this time.

In the last 2 weeks of my cycle (starting from ovulation) practise becomes increasingly "boring" (less 'scenergy'). A bonus is that there is a lot less risk on overload, so when I introduce new practices I try to do it during this time.

I think traditionally spiritual practices for women during menses where discouraged because a lot of practices are geared towards getting energy to flow upward instead of down. Of course, a whole lot of paternalistic and ritualistic nonsense got mixed into it, which created stories of being 'unclean' etc. After practising AYP for a while I got so good at playing with this energy that I could start or stop menses at will. I found out however, that obstructing the natural downward flow can create a problem or two. Not recommended!

I don't do inversions, or mudra's, bandha's and postures that create pressure on the lower abdomen (trust me, you don't want that uterus going into a 3 hour cramp ). I also tone down practises that strongly pull up the energy (like YMK) to the extend that they don't interfere with the downward flow too much. Hope this helps!

Edited by - Medea on May 09 2012 4:15:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - May 09 2012 :  5:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The semen cycle of men shall be 33 days. I don't know how long the semen in AYP needs till it reaches the top of the head as ojas as the natural outlet of yang and male energy or residual materials like menstrual blood.

The egg cycle of women is like the moon cycle 28 days. Aristoteles knew of the necessary role of the egg selecting in new research precisely which semen is allowed to enter blocking the others. It is not the merely passive matter to be formed by the semen by Albertus Magus acknowledges that matter has as the formless has the power to urge mind into a form.

But church not liking in the beginning Aristoteles till the more advanced Arabs brought him back said, that the whole man is in the semen as a homunculus also for the alchemists breeding it in their glasses.They divided also not in heaven and earth but heaven and hell below your feet. So downgoing menstrual blood is evil.

But if the return to god on the head by the semen is natural why not egg and menstrual blood to the ground? Taoism and tibetan healing working with earth's hot magma accepts fully the earth and yin energy and its opposition of heaven and yang though the result shall be a yang body. But they also have yin body practises.

But I Ging 5 fears female nonobidient tricky energies to be tricked out like Odysseus or persuaded by god in Plato's Timaios.

Axel
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  04:17:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

hello dear Radha
can u please elaborate on the difference b/w NFP,and "the rhythm method" ?

My impression is that NFP more accurately defines the fertile time. Here is a link: http://erin-dorr.suite101.com/natur...ethod-a61339

From what I have heard it is VERY effective, BUT you have to obey the calendar perfectly.

However, we only used this briefly before realizing that I probably am not fertile anyway and my partner had help from my teacher in fine-tuning his tantric control.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  04:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

Hoping that it is alright if a male chimes in here but I practiced tantric birth control for many years with no problem until getting a vasectomy. I guess I got the snip so that the pressure wasn't so high but to be honest, sex used to feel more exciting. Anyway, in my opinion the risk of using male tantric self control is not in the method itself but in the fact that a man might occasionally slip in his perfect control, and that it takes a great deal of trust and faith in his abilities from his female partner. maybe that risk adds to the excitement but I guess we each need to find what works best for us individually

Victor you are right, it takes LOTS of trust and faith in the man's tantric abilities as well as his dedication/motivation! I would not do this lightly; my partner and I have been together 7 years. Without that kind of trust it would be impossible.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  05:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you dear Radharani
Go to Top of Page

tamasaburo

USA
136 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  07:40:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just think I should add that different women have different experiences with the pill, though I understand that in general, not adding chemicals/hormones to your system unnecessarily is better.

I had a girlfriend for whom the pill made her depressed and killed her sex drive. We switched to condoms. I had another girlfriend who started the pill when she was not sexually active and had no plans to become so--simply because she had very heavy periods which tended to trigger migraine headaches and the pill helped with both.

My current girlfriend was on the pill before I met her and has been so for years, seemingly suffering no ill effects. I've actually encouraged her previously to get off it if she wants, since I use the holdback and blocking methods and wear a condom when I can't "hold back" any more, but she just wants to be extra-super certain that she doesn't get pregnant before she's ready to, so I respect that.

Anyway, so yeah, while natural tends to be best, don't forget that the pill affects different women differently.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  03:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tamasaburo

I just think I should add that different women have different experiences with the pill, though I understand that in general, not adding chemicals/hormones to your system unnecessarily is better.

I had a girlfriend for whom the pill made her depressed and killed her sex drive. We switched to condoms. I had another girlfriend who started the pill when she was not sexually active and had no plans to become so--simply because she had very heavy periods which tended to trigger migraine headaches and the pill helped with both.

My current girlfriend was on the pill before I met her and has been so for years, seemingly suffering no ill effects. I've actually encouraged her previously to get off it if she wants, since I use the holdback and blocking methods and wear a condom when I can't "hold back" any more, but she just wants to be extra-super certain that she doesn't get pregnant before she's ready to, so I respect that.

Anyway, so yeah, while natural tends to be best, don't forget that the pill affects different women differently.

very true!
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  09:26:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A question of the women cycle and meditative tantra how pregnancy enters the cycle.

I think as the semen needs to swim to the egg in hard competition with other semen the pregnancy takes place some time after intercourse or an artificial insemination with own or bought sperm of others. How long does it needs till one knows that pregnancy took place. Also a question of pregnancy tests.

But some pretend that they immediately felt and knew that the shot and semen caused pregnancy perhaps even before the arrival of the semen in the egg.

That intercourse may lead to high grades of concentration and sensitivity is no question especially in the case of good meditators and tantrica.

Tibetan take 1o month and not nine for birth. Why? One month before the meeting of egg and semen which becomes valid with the nidation in the uterus the energies of father and mother meet already allowing a spiritual fetus karmically drawn to them or voluntarily chosen by a reincarnating Tulku or buddha to enter these energies. These energies are ida and pingala - the tibetan names not a hand knotted at one's heart and unknotted in higher spiritual developments for higher bodies.

Their original puts it a little bit otherwise: The spiritual fetus seeing his future parents gets heavily drawn in love to one parent. If its the mother it becomes a boy otherwise a girl.

But also this puts the question, if the pregnancy took already place by the intercourse it was the spiritual fetus who already entered causing such feeling.

Normally women report such feelings of pregnancy already during intercourse But men with a good feel into the body of the partner should have it also.There are so many channels connected between the partners that also the shot of semen is more as a simple deposit in the uterus. The shot can go further on till into the brain e.g.

Axel
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000