Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Beautiful Video: The Way To Yourself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  6:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

VIDEO: The Way To Yourself

The whole thing is good; it's a bit over twenty minutes long; it's divided into six "chapters" ... with chapter six being the really powerful part.

There's also a printed transcript, if you want to read, rather than watch/listen.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Arjuna

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  7:49:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am really getting into this Kabbalah link that you have provided. In fact, I am signed up for the 24 week online course. I have watched 7 of the 15 introductory videos, and am absorbing info like a sponge.
I am eager to know...do Kabbalist's have a system of meditative practices for returning to the Creator???
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  8:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Arjuna

I am really getting into this Kabbalah link that you have provided. In fact, I am signed up for the 24 week online course. I have watched 7 of the 15 introductory videos, and am absorbing info like a sponge.
I am eager to know...do Kabbalist's have a system of meditative practices for returning to the Creator???

Hi Arjuna,

I'm glad you're finding the Kabbalah information/site useful; they really do have some great stuff there ... deep spiritual truths, nicely generalized, and a very open-architecture attitude .... much like AYP.

And yes, Kabbalah does have meditation techniques ... the structure tends to be mantra-oriented -- again, like AYP or other mantra-based meditation practices.

I'm not sure if that site (the one with the videos, linked above) has meditation techniques listed; as you know, the site is fairly extensive, and they are the largest Kabbalah group/site ... so I'm guessing they do, "in there somewhere".

In the meantime, here's another good Kabbalah site that does give a good overview of Kabbalistic meditation:

Kabbalah Mantra Meditation

I've never practiced Kabbalah meditation, personally; the only system I have deep familiarity with, and that's worked unspeakably well for me, is: AYP Deep Meditation.

As you may have seen, or will see, as you read through the forum ... I'm very much a "fan" of both Kabbalah and Kashmir Shaivism ... yet, for practices, I built a very solid foundation around AYP practices, before picking up any others.

(And my point isn't so much to promote AYP .... though I recommend AYP Practices 100% ... it's more that you don't have to pick one or the other, per se; I've gained immeasurable benefits from starting with a core of AYP Practices ... and I've also gained immeasurable benefits from the wisdom of Kabbalah, Kashmir Shavism and other systems).

I hope this is helpful.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jan 04 2010 8:04:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  11:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Paths of return, in wonderful simple language, from the Rebbe: http://www.amazon.com/Bringing-Heav...54981&sr=8-1

:)
Go to Top of Page

Arjuna

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  5:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I consider it a blessing that I have come to the AYP website. It seems that miracles are happening at every turn in my life. I weathered the ups and downs of everyday life much better since initiating AYP practices.
...and just like that, I have now become engaged in the study of the wisdom of Kabbalah. I don't know how all of this will play out in my lifetime, but I have a perception that it's going to be a wonderful journey.

Kirtanman, I have watched the Bnei Baruch "Perceiving Reality's Intro to Kabbalah" video over and over, and it touches me so magically.
I will share an experience I had this morning concerning this video. I was listening peacefully to the aforemetioned video, and my wife overheard several minutes. Then, she just broke out laughing, and proceeded to opine about how the message was a complete load of crap!
She seemed to have some kind of "chip on the shoulder".

Different strokes for different folks.

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  8:51:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Arjuna

I consider it a blessing that I have come to the AYP website. It seems that miracles are happening at every turn in my life. I weathered the ups and downs of everyday life much better since initiating AYP practices.
...and just like that, I have now become engaged in the study of the wisdom of Kabbalah. I don't know how all of this will play out in my lifetime, but I have a perception that it's going to be a wonderful journey.

Kirtanman, I have watched the Bnei Baruch "Perceiving Reality's Intro to Kabbalah" video over and over, and it touches me so magically.
I will share an experience I had this morning concerning this video. I was listening peacefully to the aforemetioned video, and my wife overheard several minutes. Then, she just broke out laughing, and proceeded to opine about how the message was a complete load of crap!
She seemed to have some kind of "chip on the shoulder".

Different strokes for different folks.

Hi Arjuna,

I'm glad both AYP and Kabbalah are helpful for you; they both have been for me, too.

Inner Guru/Intuition draws us to that which benefits us, at any given time.

And yes, "different strokes" (for different folks), indeed.

My Ex-Partner used to make similar comments, regarding certain spiritual teachings, etc. that I was "into" (she was with me "pre-yoga", and then I went "all weird" on her {by coming to understand there was such a thing as spiritual awakening, and instinctively knowing I had to have it. }).

We remained friends after we were no longer partners ... and we were talking on the phone, once, a couple of years afterwards .... and she somewhat-shyly "mentioned" that she was reading a book by one of the exact authors that I liked at the time, and that she had disparaged ("what a load of crap!" <- Her exact words, I'm pretty sure! ) a couple of years earlier.

As In: "Ya just never know ...."

*Both* my ex and I would have predicted, in 2001, that she was one of the *least* likely people to ever read a "spiritual" book.

And, in 2003 ... she was reading one.

(We haven't kept in touch in recent years; I have no idea if it had real influence, or not .... but it's just kind of interesting .... {she would literally say the same exact kinds of things that you wrote that your wife said, above}).

Ironically (or not .... ) one of the reasons I like that video is because it seems so straightforward!

One "compass" that has helped me for most of my life, is:

What types of information .... and what types of attitudes .... produce awareness, happiness and peace?

In my experience, both AYP and Kabbalah "tend to" ..... and dismissing almost anything as a "load of crap" .... tends not to.

And I don't mean that at a criticism; merely a very sincere observation.

I've known a few people in my life, some of them close family and friends .... who were fairly closed-minded, and/or who would take information they didn't "resonate with" (information they thought was a "load of crap" ) almost as a personal affront of some kind ...... and, without exception ..... they were among the *least* happy people I have known.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000