Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Amazing film and experience (Avatar).
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  10:26:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yesterday i saw the movie "avatar" by james cameron. I highly recomend it and see it in 3d.Was made for seeing it with 3d glasses.
I found the movie very close to whats happening lately here and in the whole global conciosness.

From a yogic-spiritual point of view i found the movie full of "subtle material" that clearly indicates something is happening in the world today.We are begining to percieve more than this "material reality".

Must see it!

Edited by - miguel on Dec 20 2009 11:05:28 AM

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  11:15:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoyed it as well.
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  10:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely had some spiritual elements.

Especially when the female aliens was talking all energy being borrowed and Awe (I forget the exact name).
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2009 :  11:08:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Had this same thought too... Reminded me of AYP too,like you say what we're doing here..

Either there's a global shift or some of the crew involved in that film have an interest in the esoteric, & the field of conciousness, and what some might call pseudo-science(Is'nt that what much of science starts out as anyway)

There were a number of movies in there,including 'The Matrix'.

Anyway.....sure you'd have to see it for yourself.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2009 :  05:15:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The symbolism is familiar because it's your typical "hero's journey"-type myth. We've been telling this story since the dawn of time.

It's still pretty awesome I must say

See it in the theater (in 3-D) while you still can....

Love
cosmic

P.S. Merry Christmas
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2009 :  09:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tried to see it here in Japan this afternoon, but the lines were a little too long. I'll try again after the weekend. Glad to hear it is such a great movie.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2009 :  3:38:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, amazing 3d presentation. Partly very real looking. Also amazing insight into this paradise-like Pandora world.

On the other side, story motives are as primitive as always. But the overall message together with its attention-catching presentation makes it a very nice movie.

If you have never watched a 3d movie (except the one you are already in), don't miss it =P
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2009 :  4:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If you have never watched a 3d movie (except the one you are already in),

haha,that was really funny...thanks holy

take care
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  12:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it was a good movie--good story, good graphics and lovely spiritual thread running through.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  06:26:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I saw it yesterday. I loved it!!!
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  6:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally saw it. Amazing visual experience, but I wish it had been written better. Hollywood can't seem to get away from predictable plots and cardboard characters. Not that I could have done it better, but I wonder why can't they do more Sci-Fi with great plots like Bladerunner?

Still, I'm glad I saw it. I'll probably see it again if I have a chance.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  11:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

A beautiful song/video from Avatar.

Enjoy.

Original Awareness fills space; being.

Clarified Mind creates with time; becoming.

Living Unbound is their sacred union; here, now; as our life ... everywhere, ever.

This is the great secret of life; never hidden; ever-newly-revealing, now:

Space and Time unify in and through and as experiencing; and experiencing is all and only about one thing: Connection; Union; Wholeness; Home.

In Kabbalah the plane of original subjective awareness; being, is symbolized by the Universe.

The plane of creation with clarified mind; becoming, is symbolized by the Year.

What about the plane of manifestation; what is the symbol for this; for experiencing; for this beautiful union, here, now?

The Couple.

"In the manifested realms, the true 'I' is more accurately expressed as 'us'".
~Abhinavagupta

I See You.

_/\_

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  4:28:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great movie. Saw the normal version, but are now going to see the 3D.

Amazing energies stuffed in that film! Everytime the Eywa-related things showed up the most amazing bliss rained...

Just didn't get why they tried to fight the humans... that's where the higher spiritual message got a bit blurred... But great messages otherwise. And the best thing is - it's spreading to the masses, working on their awakening!
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  2:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Must see 3d version!
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  03:02:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just saw 3D version. It's really good!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  04:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I recently heard that in September Amma showed The Avatar movie in the main temple of her ashram in India. It was promoted as a film "raising environmental awareness".

The world is waking up.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000