AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Here's another simple proof of nonduality
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  3:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The present moment has zero duration.

The time of the present moment has zero extension.

The continuum of spacetime of the present moment has zero extension.

The present moment has zero spatial extension.

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  6:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hmm...this one really sunk in...
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  7:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Still on the wrong track...

The present moment does not have a zero duration. It depends on what you mean by present moment... If present moment means the one we perceive, then it most definitely might have some duration, however small.

The time of the present moment has zero extension, Doesn't make any sense. Sounds like a restatement of the first.

The continuum of spacetime in the present moment doesn't have a zero extension... The present moment arguably, from the perspective of the body is extended beyond measure in all directions.

The continuum of spacetime of the present moment..., Again a restatement of the second.

The present moment has zero spatial extension, This conclusion is just a restatement of the first three, and is not a deduction.

___

Here's how it's done:

The only real existents are directly perceived by the senses.

The present moment is the time someone perceives directly with the senses.

The past is only contacted via memory.

The future is only contacted via imagination.

Therefore, because the past and future are not directly perceived they are non-existent and only the present moment is real.

___

Here's better one.

All things exist interdependently. There is no independently existing entity or object.

For example, the present moment depends on a continuum of past moments which preceded it.

The future moments depend on what is happening in this present moment.

The future is directly dependent on the present, and the present directly dependent on the past (and vice versa).

Therefore if the present moment is interdependent upon the past, then there is no such thing as the present moment.

__

Or you can go with Einstein,

The present moment is a causal connection between an object and it's past light cone.

Each object has it's own cone.

There is no common present moment.

__

Here's a subjective "proof."

The future is imaginary.

If I try to find the present moment as my experience, I notice that there is no identifiable duration where it is not the past.

If I say, "present moment," as soon as I utter it, it is the past. Each moment I identify is already the past.

There is no present moment.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  9:41:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"The Tao which can be spoken of is not the Tao."

_/\_
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  11:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We're not talkn about the Tao
Go to Top of Page

chinna

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  6:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit chinna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Suryakant

The present moment has zero duration.

The time of the present moment has zero extension.

The continuum of spacetime of the present moment has zero extension.

The present moment has zero spatial extension.

Non-duality excludes nothing.

Chinna
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000