Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Beautiful video on giving birth
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  5:18:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Inspiring video about human birth. It's a movie trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZtYCHASqNM

Here the respective website http://www.birthasweknowit.com/

NSB

Australia
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  10:13:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love it. Have seen the movie. I loved my 2 children's home births in water. I've yet to experience the orgasmic birth though.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  11:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My wife and I have ordered it this evening. Thanks for bringing this to our attention...we are excited to watch it.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  03:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No words for this video..
If anyone of you could watch it without crying, I couldn't!
Especially the part where the mother's face looks like drunk in ecstatic waves.. at the same time, it's sad to see how many couples on this planet are giving birth in stress and pain instead of expansion and love..

Thank you for this jewel.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  07:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
apparently, anything is possible.

even ecstatic painfree birthing
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  09:50:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, thank you Roman, this was so amazing and enlightening to watch.

The babies that were born in the video were so calm and relaxed.. not crying.. New Age..
Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  05:39:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow this is amazing. My wife had a forceps delivery 2 years ago and it was very painful. I will show this to her.

And I loved how the baby is swimming

My Inner self awakened few years ago when I was about to drown in a swimming pool. I went completely out of breath in the middle of the pool but from nowhere an energy surged in me and I swam myself out. Phew!

That energy is asleep in everyone.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  07:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I'm glad you liked it. I personally am rather enthusiastic about the message delivered in this video (haven't seen the movie yet,) being closely familiar (experientially as well as theoretically) with the concept of the so-called "Basal Perinatal Matrices" developed by psychologist and psychiatrist Stanislav Grof.
According to Grof's life-long research on this phenomena existing in the human unconscious, the entire life experience of each and every one of us is critically conditioned by the quality of our prenatal life and the traumatic experience of our own biological birth. Basically, what Grof observed throughout his entire life was, that in most cases our birth represents by far the most traumatic moment we ever experience in our lives, and as such it keeps crucially determining our behavior, worldview, relationships, mental and physical diseases, obsession with violence(!), and much more. He found that our perinatal conditioning determines our lifetime psychical condition way deeper than anything Western psychology has been able to recognize so far, starting from Freud.

A person familiar with Grof's work easily recognizes the immense implications of the possibility of a non-traumatic human birth. Implications for the two (or even three, if I may dare to see it this way) individuals involved in every single birth, but perhaps even more amazing implications on the collective global scale of the entire human race.

The recent contributions of people working to open for us the possibility of natural, non-traumatic birthing fill me with great joy and optimism.

For those who wish to get a little preview of what Stan Grof discovered about our (usual) birth trauma and the role it plays in our lives, you may start here.

Edited by - mimirom on Oct 17 2009 08:16:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  09:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again,

here are some paintings depicting how people reexperienced ("recalled") moments of threat during their prenatal life. Interestingly enough, even much later we somehow know inside that it's been our mom (or the Mother) who threatened us, just to give an example how complicated this can get...

These pictures depict situations of "the toxic womb" related to alcohol or drug intoxication of the mother (including medicinal treatment, exmpl. analgesia) during pregnancy and birth and devastating effects of contractions. One of the pictures shows rebirth on yet another level.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5

Go to Top of Page

NSB

Australia
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  2:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.compleatmother.com/artic...n_free.shtml

This is an article that really helped me in having a fun and mostly painfree birth the last time. Once suggestion in it is to look UP during the strong sensations. This worked for me surprisingly well. I wonder, from an energy perspective, just why that worked so well... anybody got any ideas?

Another resource is a book by Grantly Dick Read called Childbirth Without Fear.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  2:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome video...thanks.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  7:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mimirom

here are some paintings depicting how people reexperienced ("recalled") moments of threat during their prenatal life. Interestingly enough, even much later we somehow know inside that it's been our mom (or the Mother) who threatened us, just to give an example how complicated this can get...

Interesting paintings, Roman. The style of the first 2 reminds me of paintings of tantric deities I've seen.

This discussion reminds me of something I've contemplated recently. Sometimes when a baby is crying in a public place, I've observed a lot of adults seem really uncomfortable with the crying. They look like they want to flee. Like ants on a frying pan.

People can tolerate/tune out a lot of things: airplanes taking off, construction work, cable news, yelling, etc. But when a baby starts crying, there seems to be a universal visceral reaction.

Has anyone noticed this? What's up with that?

Don't know if it's birth related, but I sense that it has something to do with pain from early childhood. Maybe the pain of separation from Mother? God?

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  12:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi cosmic and All.....

quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

This discussion reminds me of something I've contemplated recently. Sometimes when a baby is crying in a public place, I've observed a lot of adults seem really uncomfortable with the crying. They look like they want to flee. Like ants on a frying pan.

Not just people....my dogs react the same way too. Don't know what that means (if anything) but a crying baby seems to provoke instinctual responses in just about anything that has ears to hear it.

P.S. you shouldn't put ants on a frying pan (well, one that is on a stove element anyways)....that's cruel

I also tend to think that we notice the reactions in others that we ourselves tend to have....for example, when I hear/see a baby crying I want to comfort the child, and I observe that this is the response in most people.....perhaps your instinctual response when hearing a baby cry is to flee...and that is why you see others having the same reaction around you? Just a thought.

quote:

People can tolerate/tune out a lot of things: airplanes taking off, construction work, cable news, yelling, etc. But when a baby starts crying, there seems to be a universal visceral reaction.

I agree that there is definitely an "instinctual reaction" that most people have to a baby crying, but I don't know that I agree that that reaction is to "flee". I think that that may be a bit generalized.

quote:

Don't know if it's birth related, but I sense that it has something to do with pain from early childhood. Maybe the pain of separation from Mother? God?

Personally I find that the pain of seperation from God manifests as anger and resentment. I think that the instinctual reactions that adults have to a crying child is based on personal conditioning.... and everyone will react a little differently then another. I *do* think that we notice the responses in others that most mimick our own responses though.

Stimulating conversation....thanks cosmic

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Oct 19 2009 12:38:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  2:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

Thanks for sharing your perspective. I think there's some truth in what you're saying. Admittedly, wanting to escape has been my gut reaction for most of my life. I still occasionally notice this in others, although my current reaction is much different than it was before. Meditation has changed that, I feel. That, and spending time with my own nephews/nieces.

quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

I think that the instinctual reactions that adults have to a crying child is based on personal conditioning.... and everyone will react a little differently then another.

Yes, I can see that. I was discouraged from crying or showing emotion as a child. Crying was seen as wrong/bad/something to be stopped.

quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

P.S. you shouldn't put ants on a frying pan (well, one that is on a stove element anyways)....that's cruel

You win. I'll use a wok next time

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  4:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I find that the pain of seperation from God manifests as anger and resentment

Same here.

_/\_
namasté!
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  4:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Same here, or maybe when my expectations are not met by reality I feel a seperateness (the opposite of surrendering to god or accepting what is), and then I'm angry
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  4:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
..yeah ok angry because I feel a separateness which I don't want to feel (expectations not met by what's happening..)
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  9:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This reminds me
once my sister called and said my nephew wanted to know what it was like giving birth and I said "put him on the phone"
my inner guru took over I guess and I asked him
"do you know what it is like to take a big poop?
he said yes
so I said "that is what your mommy felt like when giving birth to you"
he said
"uncle neil, your gross" then yelling out of the phone to his mom
"mom, uncle neil said giving birth is like taking a really big poop"
after a moment she laughed and said "it is"
never again has he asked me about birth
moral of the story, tell the truth and there are no more questions, or something like that
with laughter
brother Neil
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  01:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing, thank you very much for posting this.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000