New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2010 :  1:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Of course the chakras are real

Where do you think you feel your emotions?
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  12:18:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So shall I assume I settled the issue?
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  01:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

So shall I assume I settled the issue?

settled for who?

Edited by - cosmic on Jun 11 2010 01:32:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  09:56:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chiron

Well I have had sensations in all of the major 7 centers. Two of those are constant moment by moment experiences. So to me they definitely do exist, at least the same way as it can be said that this physical body exists. And it doesn't matter even if the whole of humanity disagrees with me because those are my experiences. Sadly I can't give these experiences to others and I am not aware of any definite scientific way of proving it, other than advise one to practice yoga. But at least this is one testimony for their existence and there are plenty more people on this forum who have had experiences which have led them to believe that they do exist.

Then there are people who display extraordinary abilities who also mention the chakras. Ie. Prahlad Jani http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyk7KDsNDCA

and "John Chang" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aos0hnwiHt8

To an extent I agree with you Chiron. I have felt them as well, and I think many people have truly felt the seven energy centers...

However, it is often said that we can believe anything and it will become true. I wonder how accurate the seven center model really is, given that it is an idea from a time and place far different than our world today.

You say that you feel two of the energy centers daily. That is about what my experience is as well. I do not doubt for a second that there is in fact a heart chakra or center. Its a major part of who we are and how we feel.

I don't deny the existence of the chakras at all, but rather i advise caution in taking a dogmatic approach to ancient asian spiritual texts and ideas that derive from those texts, however tenuously.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  10:57:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight
To an extent I agree with you Chiron. I have felt them as well, and I think many people have truly felt the seven energy centers...

EVERYONE feels the chakras. Thats where emotions (like anger) occur in the body.

Clairvoyantly viewing them is another matter. This requires psychic abilities.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Jun 11 2010 11:00:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2010 :  7:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Emotions are difficult to localize. Whereas with clairsentience you can feel distinct sensations in different parts of the body. For example, a chilly feeling spreading out from the point between the eyebrows or the burning/melting blissful feeling in the center of the chest. When the sahasrar chakra is opening/developing there is usually pressure/piercing sensations on the top of the head. With the vishudha chakra, it feels like there is a chunk of something stuck in the throat.. etc etc..

quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight
I don't deny the existence of the chakras at all, but rather i advise caution in taking a dogmatic approach to ancient asian spiritual texts and ideas that derive from those texts, however tenuously.

I too would advise caution in taking a dogmatic approach to any text or teaching. We should understand everything from our own perspective, using our own logic and experience, instead of believing anything blindly.

Edited by - Chiron on Jun 12 2010 11:13:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2010 :  8:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Emotions are difficult to localize.

Or it also possible you have never paid attention before.

I feel emotions in my throat and the lower chakras quite specifically and localized.

You have to pay attention though, and not get sidetracked by why you are emotional in the first place:)

Edited by - alwayson2 on Jun 19 2010 8:01:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2010 :  11:04:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are right I've never paid attention before, I will now, though :)

Do you think certain emotions are related to specific chakras?

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  1:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

quote:

Emotions are difficult to localize.

Or it also possible you have never paid attention before.

I feel emotions in my throat and the lower chakras quite specifically and localized.

You have to pay attention though, and not get sidetracked by why you are emotional in the first place:)

You may be correct alwayson,

although again, i would urge caution, because these things cannot be known in the same sense that we know science.

i do not deny solid order to the spiritual universe, but the Spirit is the Spirit, and it can only be known by the Spirit.

As well, emotions are matters of the soul, and the Soul may know the soul.

My 2 cents is that i once felt emotions in the abdomen and in throat too. I find that today, i no longer feel emotions in these areas anymore so than i feel them anywhere else in the body.

It may in fact be that once we no longer have major blockages in our physio-emotional body that emotions are free to move around as they naturally will. I wonder if it is that the emotions generally originate in areas like the solar plexus and the throat, and then move on from there. If there are blockages in these areas, we experience the emotions as staying there, if there are none, then the emotions move naturally and are transmuted.

I do not claim to know, and you may be more correct than i am.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  2:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Emotions occur in different parts of the body in different people, and they can move as they are happening. I don't think the location has to do with chakras.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  3:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Emotions occur in different parts of the body in different people, and they can move as they are happening. I don't think the location has to do with chakras.

You could be right, or like 99.9% of people you never bothered to look or you were too distracted by what triggered the emotion
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  10:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, nothing that can be thought of, spoken of, conceptualized, conceived, perceived, imagined or experienced is real....... ;)

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  12:37:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wakeupneo

No, nothing that can be thought of, spoken of, conceptualized, conceived, perceived, imagined or experienced is real....... ;)

That would include your statement.
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  12:42:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

quote:

That would include your statement.

Precisely...
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  02:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Why not? Even if something is "illusory" in nature, it is still real. A mirage may not actually be the oasis you imagined it to be, but it is still some sort of phenomena. There is still "something" there, even if it's not what it appears to be.

Such is life. We exist. Life exists. We are real, yet not exactly as we appear to be.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  09:02:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How did this turn into a Madhyamaka discussion?
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  7:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if you do spinal breathing and meditate eventually you will know chakras are real. among many other things most people dont believe are real
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2015 :  12:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many months ago I read the below information:
First of all, our chakras have now all been unified into a central
heart energy. So any work you try to do on the now is adding
First of all, our chakras have now all been unified into a central
energy. So any work you try to do on the now is adding
confusion to everything energetically. No chakra balancing
needs to be done anymore. This is fairly recent and many people
are not aware that this has happened. Ask with your pendulum
if you still have chakras. And then ask that all energies be
balanced to align with your heart energy center.
confusion to everything energetically. No chakra balancing
needs to be done anymore. This is fairly recent and many people
are not aware that this has happened. Ask with your pendulum
if you still have chakras. And then ask that all energies be
balanced to align with your heart energy center.

http://www.starseeds.net/forum/topi...akra-systems

Go to Top of Page

RamSeva

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  01:58:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its all maya. It may be rajo-satva or just satva, but really, its just illusion.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000