New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  09:29:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
when I first read this post it made me cry alot.

I have the perfect teacher that I do not call master.

not my kind of language...master stuff.

I also think now along the lines that really everything and everybody is teacher..how could it not be?

The teacher seems to emulate for me the essence of smart, well read, healthy, committed, talented, peaceful and gentle.

I had the opportunity to stop by since I was driving across the U.S recently and was so close to that person, even though she appears as myself..their is still a practical desire to know her.I could not bring myself to the door, because of my own negativity and the very fact is the betrayal on my end keeps me away. why after all of this would I continue to corner or pain someone?
what more could someone teach me, if I don't continue the path of ayp

Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  8:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh, I would also like to meet
the easter bunny
the tooth fairy, and
Santa Clause, even though if you just move the N in his name it spells satan.
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  04:14:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
brother neil, sadly we do get to meet all three of these characters as we grow out of our childhood and realize they were are parents all along. I hope we can all return to that wonder and keep whatever wisdom we have gained as adults someday.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  3:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's three favorites of mine (from a very long list) who I would like to experience being in the physical presence of.

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, because he is so direct and so intense.

Bhagavan Nityananda because I just love his radiance and childlike sweetness.

Lahiri Mahasaya, to experience being in the presence of his energetic form.
Go to Top of Page

Ivomir4e

Bulgaria
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  08:55:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to meet Babadji and osho and Jesus
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  10:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The purity of
Sat,
Chit,
Ananda.

As for masters, "If you meet the Buddha on the road ..."

Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  08:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jesus (purity of heart), Kwan Yin (infinite loving motherly compassion), Babaji (just love him (: )
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  09:56:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manig

Lord Shiva
http://img5.travelblog.org/Photos/4...utiful-3.jpg

Lord Krishna
http://www.balbro.com/s2s/radhakrishna.jpg

Lord Buddha
http://www.mandolux.com/desktops/as...1-l-1680.jpg

Just to say 'thank you'

Although I had written the above post a few months ago.

But I have no desire to meet anyone now.

Because it was only me that existed, exists and will exist.

I am omnipresent, self creating, self sufficient, supportless, in all directions, limitless, eternal.

Whatever was, whatever is and whatever will be... me.

Go to Top of Page

kay62jj

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  06:50:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's my two pennies worth on the subject:

Swami Satyananda Saraswati for spreading the joy of yoga from 'door to door and shore to shore'
Mother Theresa of Calcutta for 'seeing Jesus in the eyes of every disadvantaged child'
Yogani for distilling into a 'doable' format ancient and profound teachings for us all to benefit from

...plus a few others too numerous to mention!

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  04:53:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Paramahansa Yogananda

Jesus

Mary(any of the early Christian saints, desert fathers or God men/ women from the bible )

& Yogani, much love and gratitute to you
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000