Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Experience with Ananda Sangha?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

macarius

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  1:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit macarius's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Friends,

Does anyone have any prior experience with the Ananda Courses in Self-Realization? If so, were you initiated into Kriya?

m

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  9:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by macarius

Hello Friends,

Does anyone have any prior experience with the Ananda Courses in Self-Realization? If so, were you initiated into Kriya?

m

Hi Macarius,

Yes - and yes.

Generally a positive experience overall, but in general, nothing that AYP doesn't offer (I took kriya initiation in 2003; started practicing AYP in 2005) - the best thing about Ananda (truly) is that it led me to AYP.

(I picked up a booklet during the kriya initiation retreat on a strange practice called "khechari mudra"; it looked weird; I didn't get -- I packed the booklet away, and forgot about it for a couple of years. I found it ... I Googled ... and the rest is .... *ThisStory*! ).

As several of us (including Yogani) have mentioned here at the AYP Forum ... the two cornerstones of AYP, at least initial-practice-wise, are the balanced combination of pranayama/spinal breathing (aka kriya) and deep meditation, along with balanced, self-regulated self-pacing.

These distinctions may seem simple ... but I experienced more in the way of direct and powerful results within six months of starting AYP, than I did in over 2 years as a kriyaban (kriya initiate).

Nothing against Ananda in any way; great people; good system -- I just feel that AYP offers everything Ananda does, and a whole lot more.

However, that's not to say that Ananda or any other system may not have something for you, or anyone else reading --- let your bhakti be your guide, with regard to that; life knows what it's doing -- and unfailingly guides each of us to the right spiritual resources at exactly the right time, always.

I hope this info is helpful.

Heart Is Where The AUM Is,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

macarius

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  3:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit macarius's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kirtanman thank you so much for the reply. I got some audio books from Ananda that have been wonderful so far. There is another Kriya organization, the Center for Spiritual Awareness (csa-davis.org) whose international headquarters is only about an hour down the road from me, so the whole initiation into Kriya thing sounded interesting. I want to avail myself of everything I can that may be helpful, but I don't want to interrupt consistency of practice. Thanks again!

m
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000